Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemade vs store bought

5 posters

Go down

Homemade vs store bought Empty Homemade vs store bought

Post by KayleighsSanctuary Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:32 am

Out of curiousity which do you prefer store bought rat toys or making your own? I like making my own cos its cheaper and i can make them as big as i want or to interact with other items in the cage. I also find that shop stuff can get very boring which has resulted in high pitch screams in a shop when they finally have a new product that i know will entertain my animals!

KayleighsSanctuary
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

http://kayleighsexoticpetsanctuary.com/

Back to top Go down

Homemade vs store bought Empty Re: Homemade vs store bought

Post by DJF Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:43 am

I go for a mix. But my biggest fails have been shop bought and my biggest successes have been junk. Fails like the deer antler I mentioned on another thread which are nothing compared to a few chicken bones for chewing. My rats do seem to like destroying rubber dog chew toys and I mean destroy!

As for homemade, loo rolls stuffed with treats, even egg cartons and old boxes of all sorts and paper bags are big hits. And a few yellow pages pages hung from the cage - they all wind up shredded and in the igloo.

I like buying them stuff but mostly, they like things to root around with and destroy so homemade is certainly more economical and more satisfying to watch.
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:40 am

I buy children's toys from charity shops, and make a lot of my own stuff too! Grin Nothing my lot love more than paper bags and boxes! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eoghan Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:58 am

We do a mix, using hats and hammocks and kabobs mixed with boxes and little baskets and ropes with bags tied up with foods in them
eoghan
eoghan
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:18 am

A mix-homemade and shop bought stuff(usually meant for other animals-bird,dog and cat toys)-would love a nice cat tree or enclosed bed thingie but paper bags,ropes and boxes make them happiest by far!and yes,theyd quite happily sell their cagemate for a chicken bone Smile
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down