Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for siamese

3 posters

Go down

Looking for siamese Empty Looking for siamese

Post by LSD Thu May 22, 2014 10:18 am

I looked about and had no idea where to put this, so apologies and move if necessary.

But I'd like to get my hands on some Siamese rats. A pair would be good (would give me 2 trios of bucks and does - they wont be alone. Smile )

LSD

Back to top Go down

Looking for siamese Empty Re: Looking for siamese

Post by Zoundz Fri May 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi there,

I do occasionally get Siamese out, but I don't breed for them, so I couldn't possibly say if I *will* get any out. I think your best bet is to look to the UK, if you're wanting well bred babies, as there's no-one I could recommend here.

Are you wanting them just as pets or with plans to breed? Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LSD Sat May 24, 2014 12:10 am

As there isn't a lot of choice here I wouldn't mind taking some if they were healthy animals, and I could work on them to improve what is needed. Smile

Yeah I'd like to breed from them. It would be easier buying well bred babies, but the idea of working on improving the animals here appeals to me as well. Grin

Thanks for the reply xx

LSD

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sat May 24, 2014 8:45 pm

I really wouldn't recommend sourcing breeding rats here, honestly, I would seriously advise, no, insist, that anyone wanting to breed here would join the NFRS and source breeding rats from registered breeders working with good, long standing lines. It will save so much heart ache for both the breeder and the pet owners you'd find.

There's a lot to think about with breeding, it's not easy at all - and it's not something to leap into lightly with little knowledge of the potential pitfalls Smile

I am always more than happy to chat to people about breeding though, and offer all the advice I can give - but I think my biggest piece of advice would be to just own rats as pets for a while, maybe a year or two, before deciding. They have very short lifespans, and they are heartbreaking. So many people give up on them within 5 years, even just as pets, let alone breeding - so it's not something to do on a whim Smile

If you do want to chat, adding me to Facebook is the best plan! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Sun May 25, 2014 12:47 am

Tbh id have to agree
smokierat