Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleeding again

4 posters

Go down

Bleeding again  Empty Bleeding again

Post by smokierat Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Ralf started bleeding again last night Sad i was so hoping she wouldnt follow her sisters pattern,as this is what Ghostie went through.Im hoping she wont succumb.I honestly dont know what to do,try the meds again or consider a spay if it doesnt go away?Shes already on baytril as i noticed her soundind snuffly,and one episode of wheezing in her sleep so obv that needs to clear up before we consider anything anyway.Her sister had had a cist on her ovary when they spayed her.Does anyone know much about that?I dont know why im even posting,just a bit of a stressy rant so bear with me Embarrassed
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Bleeding again  Empty Re: Bleeding again

Post by katherine Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:43 am

Not much help I'm afraid I just want to say I really hope that Ralf is ok. Obviously you've spoken to the vet. What does he recommend? *hug*
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:12 am

took Ralf to see Pat yesterday,and he recommended a course of baytril for two weeks and if that doesnt work then we can try a different antibiotic..on a positive note,he said her chest sounded fine!Why the wheeze then?it was when she was sleeping with her nose completely under her could that cause the sound?shes obv slept that way before so i dunno...
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:25 pm

It's possibly a nasal thing - sinus perhaps - especially if she's a bit stressed.

I'm sorry you're going through this again Sad it's always like this though, these things always happen together... and sometimes you wonder if you should just move into a tent in the Vet's reception area. I've seen it before where I've had maybe 10 different rats at the vet all at the same time for different things Sad it's a nightmare.

I would try antibiotics for a while, and good strong doses too. I'm sure Synulox is good for this one.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:16 am

hope things improve for you!
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:32 am

Thanx guys Smile Synulox sounds familiar for some reason...well,fingers crossed this will work..I havent got her on kitchen towel in the small cage like i would usually to moniter the bleeding,because i really dont think she should be on her own or have upheaval so im just checking her a lot etc she doesnt seem to bleeding as heavily as i thought at the moment which im hoping is a good sign..
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Just keep on treating her, hopefully it'll work. ((hug))

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:15 am

Ralf is still bleeding after the two weeks of baytril Meh it was quite light untill sunday,bit heavier so i rang the vet and hes off til friday so they suggested keeping her on baytril until he is back and can recommend something else...any advice?i honestly dont know what to do with my little rogue Confused
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:33 am

I don't know Sad apart from another spay perhaps Sad

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 am

i just dont know,thats an option obv im just not sure its the right one for Ralf..For one,shes never done well on her own to the point of her getting very funny when she had to be seperated from ghostie for the lump removal and obv shed have to be on her own for quite a while..and shes just not in the condition she used to be Meh but obv if that turns out to be the best option then thats what w'll have to do..if it is a cyst,like Ghostie had itd be the only way to get rid of it wouldnt it?but then they dont usually cause bleeding do they?
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:51 pm

I really don't know Sad I'm at a loss as to what to advise - I know why spaying is not the best option - I probably wouldn't be desperately comfortable doing it - but also you don't want to leave her when she's bleeding either. Try another antibiotic perhaps? See if it has better penetration? Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:26 am

Thats the plan,but have to wait til friday when pat is back,the other vets said to just keep her on the baytril til he comes back...Thanx for all the advice Smile
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:20 am

How's she doing?
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:51 pm

Well just got a new antibiotic for her,didnt get a chance to talk to pat but he left it there for me so we will see how that goes but she is still bleeding so its a bit of a juggle between waiting to see if the antibiotics are going to work,but not waiting so long that she is weak if she needs a spay after all Meh fingers crossed for her x
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down