Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet shop problem

4 posters

Go down

Pet shop problem Empty Pet shop problem

Post by vidic Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:07 pm

I was in a pet shop recently in Balbriggan and they have two hairless rats in a tiny (2 foot max) glass enclosure. There were no toys, hammocks or anything, just beeding and food/water.

Is there anything that can be done? Sad

vidic

Back to top Go down

Pet shop problem Empty Re: Pet shop problem

Post by katherine Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Yes either speak to the manager, or write if you feel more comfortable that way, to the manager or owner saying you are appalled and with boycott their shop until their conditions improve and that you will tell all your friends. It may move them to improve their conditions. The only way to make a real difference is to not give them money - like training, let them know bad behaviour gets no reward or they will only repeat it Wink I'm sad to hear about the poor rats Sad
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by vidic Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 pm

I'll do that, i don't buy from them anyway so that's no problem. They are called Cuddles pet shop fi anyone else wants to visit/complain.

vidic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:03 am

Definitely complain - not that it'll make any difference - they have food and water, and that is enough according to welfare laws. The best way to combat this behaviour is to vote with your feet and refuse to go in there - and spread the word. People don't seem to understand why we get angry when they buy from petshops - but it's because it funds this sort of abuse.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerwitch Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:04 pm

to get around the abnoxious pet shop problems Steal their pets for sale that are living in poor conditions. Smile and put the pet shop manager in a tiny cage and do a muhuhhahahaahahaha on the way out the door Smile
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down