Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin Ratty meet up

5 posters

Go down

Dublin Ratty meet up Empty Dublin Ratty meet up

Post by bikerwitch Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:32 pm

To all the Dublin Rat lovers
I was thinking in the new year would anyone be interested in meeting up having a coffee somewhere chatting about rats or just a general chat to get to know people in the rat community face to face Smile .

would anyone be interested?

please reply below Smile

sabrina
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Dublin Ratty meet up Empty Re: Dublin Ratty meet up

Post by carol Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:03 am

sounds good to me id be intrested

carol

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:43 am

I would be interested but I'd need more details Smile
Catz
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerwitch Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 am

Catz wrote:I would be interested but I'd need more details Smile
i just posting up to see who is interested first then when there are a good few of us we could decide when and where to meet Smile
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:30 am

We would be interested - can combine it with a sort of open pet show if anyone's up for it? Will need a suitable space though - can even do it in someone's house to be honest, just to test the water. If anyone knows of any church halls or similar that can be obtained very cheaply, that may work too Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:39 am

Oooh open pet show sounds fun Smile We could make a day of it!
Catz
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerwitch Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:43 am

Zoundz wrote:We would be interested - can combine it with a sort of open pet show if anyone's up for it? Will need a suitable space though - can even do it in someone's house to be honest, just to test the water. If anyone knows of any church halls or similar that can be obtained very cheaply, that may work too Smile

xx

open pet show sounds awesome there is a small community centre near my house that isnt far from the city centre of dublin. or i could try and find somewhere in the city centre in the new year.
I take it all pets will be welcome. Smile i could also ask the local vet to get involved they could give advice to children in how to look after pets. or if anyone on here is a vet and would like to volunteer their services. what you think?
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:20 am

I'd be intetested if it's somewhere i could get to easily from the train station and after 18th jan.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 am

Hmmm, I think it'd be more sensible for now to keep it low key and rats only really. I think the other idea is a good one, but it'd have to be when we have a bit more standing - things like insurance come to play when you start inviting the general public etc. I think for now, better to have a very small gathering, with a tiny pet show just for the rats Smile City centre would be too expensive from experience, probably best to do outskirts - one of the outlying towns/villages. Also - as I said, if anyone has a space in their house that could be used, it'd not likely be too many people, it's how a lot of clubs started out Smile

Would do it here - but we're hardly Dublin! Wink and no-one would travel Sad

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerwitch Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Zoundz wrote:Hmmm, I think it'd be more sensible for now to keep it low key and rats only really. I think the other idea is a good one, but it'd have to be when we have a bit more standing - things like insurance come to play when you start inviting the general public etc. I think for now, better to have a very small gathering, with a tiny pet show just for the rats Smile City centre would be too expensive from experience, probably best to do outskirts - one of the outlying towns/villages. Also - as I said, if anyone has a space in their house that could be used, it'd not likely be too many people, it's how a lot of clubs started out Smile

Would do it here - but we're hardly Dublin! Wink and no-one would travel Sad

xx

i wasnt going to organise it straight away it was only an idea what we can do Smile. My house aint far from dublin city centre and there is lots of buses from city centre and there is a Dart line not too far away from the luas. Smile I mainly wanna organise people to meet up socially then we organise A ratty play date Smile lol

bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Well combining the two always works really well! As long as people are very careful about not bringing sick rats along Smile

Anyway - keep working it out - will be good fun I reckon! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Sounds like some good ideas here. I'm really looking forward to the idea of it & would love to go!
Perhaps only rats for now, if we even bring pets?
I'd like the opportunity to bring one or two but it's understandable if we're going to someone's house and they don't want the hassle.
Has anyone suggested any dates yet?
I have exams on the 17th & 18th of Jan would really like after then or before the 14th I could hopefully fit it in around uni work.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerwitch Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:43 pm

redrach wrote:Sounds like some good ideas here. I'm really looking forward to the idea of it & would love to go!
Perhaps only rats for now, if we even bring pets?
I'd like the opportunity to bring one or two but it's understandable if we're going to someone's house and they don't want the hassle.
Has anyone suggested any dates yet?
I have exams on the 17th & 18th of Jan would really like after then or before the 14th I could hopefully fit it in around uni work.

hey Redrach
if you are busy in january we can always do something in feb when the weather gets warmer for our ratties Smile i just said in the new year doesnt have to be the first month Smile I understand january is quite busy for people in uni sitting exams. i myself will be applying for uni in january. so dont worry we can organise something to suit everyone. Smile this is just an idea to see who be interested in meeting up in the new year. to get a social ratty club in dublin going Do you live in Dublin? Smile
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:56 pm

That's kind of you. End of January suits me (last two weeks) because i'll be done with exams and it's before I go back to uni. But obviously I don't want everything revolving around me. I can fit it in as long as it's not the actual day of my exams and i'm not in class that day. (:
I'm from from NI, which is why i'm pretty excited about a Dublin meet as the Cork ones have always been too far to travel to, but I could arrange for a day trip to Dublin, hence why is also suits me better to be somewhere near the city centre that I can get a bus easily to.
But really, whatever suits everyone.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerwitch Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:17 am

redrach wrote:That's kind of you. End of January suits me (last two weeks) because i'll be done with exams and it's before I go back to uni. But obviously I don't want everything revolving around me. I can fit it in as long as it's not the actual day of my exams and i'm not in class that day. (:
I'm from from NI, which is why i'm pretty excited about a Dublin meet as the Cork ones have always been too far to travel to, but I could arrange for a day trip to Dublin, hence why is also suits me better to be somewhere near the city centre that I can get a bus easily to.
But really, whatever suits everyone.

cool well i will post up here when i have a date and a place of meet up Smile maybe i organise it on a saturday afternoon which will probally suit most people. I will pick a place that is easy to get to Smile
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:50 am

I reckon Feb would be better generally Smile nearer the end Smile

Thinking of having a small pet show nearer to us - but would need some definite numbers coming Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by carol Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:15 am

well if it a small group we can go 2 my house ,end feb or march fine as my daughter due her baby end january

carol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down