Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large cage

5 posters

Go down

Large cage Empty Large cage

Post by seanabc Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 pm

I have a 5 foot cage with 1 inch gap between the bars, which I'm using to house 6 rats but it could hold up to 12. I'm looking to swap for a smaller one with smaller space between the bars as two of them have the habit of climbing out.

Large cage Dscf1210

seanabc

Back to top Go down

Large cage Empty Re: Large cage

Post by Zoundz Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Where are you based? I might be interested in this cage myself if it's at a do-able distance. I don't know what I have to swap with though, so will have to have a look Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by seanabc Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:57 am

I'm living in County Meath. Probably a bit too far away. I'm hoping to get a swap soon or else I'll have to rehome the two little escape artists. The other four never try to climb out but these two spend as much time out of the cage as in it. I think it's something to do with hoarding food because the two of them have a tendancy to hide food while the others just eat what they have.

seanabc

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:40 am

how old are they? It's odd that they should be escaping, the bars aren't that wide - if they're still very young they should grow enough to not be able to squeeze out any more.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirodoragon Tue May 08, 2012 4:12 am

That looks the same as my cage, there was a HUGE gap at the bottom cause it was missing its bottom plate so i made one from perspex and they haven't got out so far =) maybe make a new base unless thats now where they are escaping from. I can show a picture of mine, myself my boyfriend and my father renovated an old cage we got from a friend and it looks awesome now x3 Smile
Shirodoragon
Shirodoragon

Back to top Go down

Post by seanabc Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 am

We've solved the problem since my last post. Carol, who we got the cage from originally, saw our ad on gumtree and got back in touch with us. We swapped back the big cage for two smaller ones and they're grand and happy now. Two of them were starting to get impossible to keep in the big cage. They would climb out through the bars and go exploring around the spare bedroom. It was getting to be a problem with chewed clothes and bed covers. Happily sorted now though. Smile

seanabc

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirodoragon Tue May 08, 2012 5:13 am

Awesome glad ya sorted it =D!
Shirodoragon
Shirodoragon

Back to top Go down

Post by kirm Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Ooooooooo nice cage, if I had seen the post in time I would have bought it from you... ah well, I'll just have to check in more regularly Roll Eyes

kirm

Back to top Go down

Large cage Empty cage large

Post by carol Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 am

hi i found a man on donedeal selling a cage same as mine in the pics here so i asked him could he put it up here for sale he said he would it lovley an he looking for 90 euro for it

carol

Back to top Go down

Large cage Empty swap 4 smaller cage

Post by carol Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:28 am

the cage in this topic is mine an im looking 2 swap it for a smaller cage as my girls are not climbing much so if ur in dublin and have a nice smaller cage please message me thanks

carol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down