Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got my Rescue Rat Girls!

4 posters

Go down

Finally got my Rescue Rat Girls!  Empty Finally got my Rescue Rat Girls!

Post by ashlingm Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 am

I was sent a link to an ad on gumtree of two females looking for a home - So I emailed as soon as I saw it but they sent me a message back saying I was too late and someone had reserved them. And so the search continues ... or so I thought. I got an email the next day saying the other person had backed out and was I still interested in them. HELL YEA I WAS! So off I went to the pet shop to stock up on toys, treats, food, bedding and a travel box for them Smile Excited was an understatment!

They didn't give me alot of information about them only that they had to be gone asap and preferably that night (It was 7pm when I was in touch with them and I had them in my house by 10pm!). So myself and the bf went on our mini road trip to get our two new girls! (well I say 'our' but they live with me and I look after them Tongue)

I got to the house (after my sat nav losing signal and getting me a bit lost) and it was 2 kids handing them over, well 1 teenage boy and a younger girl. They didn't go into why they had to get rid of them but they just needed to go fast! One rat seems to be older and bigger then the other so not completely sure how long they had them for. Fair play to them though... they did put an ad online looking for a new home for them instead of pawning them off on just anybody or letting them free etc!

So the smaller girl is called smokey (she was already named and its cute so I want to keep it) and is very shy and not at all food orientated which makes bonding that bit harder. The older and bigger girl is like a hooded rat but cream and white and I think she has some dumbo in her - her ears are soooo cute! She's much braver and comes out for an explore when the cage is open... smokey stays inside looking out Sad Any idea what I should do? Let her out in her own time or take her out with her sister and hopefully she will get braver if she has her sister around? The bigger one is HUGELY food orientated so it makes it sooo much easier!

Also any name suggestions for her?! Love

(also Zoundz how do you get your rats to pose for you?! I tried and they just leg it before I get a chance to take a picture!)

Finally got my Rescue Rat Girls!  Smokey12
Finally got my Rescue Rat Girls!  Smokey13
Finally got my Rescue Rat Girls!  Smokey14

ashlingm

Back to top Go down

Finally got my Rescue Rat Girls!  Empty Re: Finally got my Rescue Rat Girls!

Post by Zoundz Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:57 am

Aww bless them! Definitely both female? Wink always wise to double check!

Posing is something that takes practice... hard to explain how we do it as such - we don't get them to pose, we're just quick with the camera these days - practice! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ashlingm Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:20 am

Had a quick look but really should again! My heart would love little rat babies but my head knows it would be a terrible, terrible idea!

Oh any they do have hammocks and little places to hide in...but they seem to just like lying on that piece of fleece. Not sure they quite 'get' how to use the hammocks yet Tongue

ashlingm

Back to top Go down

Post by siofradh Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 am

Have the same problem with my girls, they never use their hammocks! I keep buying them though.. More for show really! Laugh Occasionally they walk on them though, so they're good for something! Wink
They're so pretty though! Love Love Love Love LOVE the dumbo ears on the cream hoodie! Big Grin
siofradh
siofradh
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Lovely! Pics are gorgeous!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down