Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Bubbles rattled breathing

4 posters

Go down

Little Bubbles rattled breathing Empty Little Bubbles rattled breathing

Post by Francois Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 am

Our little girl Bubbles is our worry girl, as we had brought her to the vet twice already. Nothing realy serious then a snotty sneezy ratty that recouped well after getting baytril, but last week she started to rattle again, so we did take her to the local vet and was put on another weeks supply of Baytril.

Now personally I don't like throwing antibiotics at anything that makes a noise and the vet advised us to take her to the vet in Bray if she wasn't improving. But since she had been struggling with her breathing much more in comparrison with Shiva (only had 1 colds so far) and my otherwise 2 healthy boys (these 3 come from the same nest) I figured to have her checked out thoroughly, so Bubbles went on a train trip to Bray.

I am glad that I did, as Bubbles got a good looking over (to much of her dismay, accompanied with plenty of squeeking) Laugh

She got a triple rat cocktail to help her drain the fluids, bring her temperature down and anti-inflamatories and was put on Meloxidel 0.2ml per day to bring her fever down and boost up her appetite. She seems to be reacting well. We will bring her over next tuesday to have the vet check up on her. I figure its best to deal with this thoroughly although the expense runs a bit up, but heck, we love our adorable squeeky little girl. Love

She seems to be doing alright right.

Somewhow I got the feeling she will remain our worry girl, but we get so much in return as she is the most gentle girl and even if she is greased lightling to try and catch she is by far not as much a handful as Shiva, who regularry drives me and the missus nuts. Grin

Last edited by Francois on Mon May 07, 2012 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammar and spelling :))

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Little Bubbles rattled breathing Empty Re: Little Bubbles rattled breathing

Post by katherine Mon May 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Poor girl. I hope she feels better soon Smile Sounds like she's getting the best care anyway Smile
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Mon May 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Awwww, hope you see a good improvement with her Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Tue May 08, 2012 1:02 am

She's doing realy well at the moment, up to her usual mischief during rangining, going over to the boys cage and squeeking at them Big Grin
Tomorrow she will be off to Bray again for a follow up, but I expect it to be good. Hoping to get some advice on how we can keep her health up and be more preventive

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraBloo Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 am

Awh, poor little woman. Good to hear she's doing a bit better. Shiva sounds like my Edith. Laugh Tongue
SaraBloo
SaraBloo
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Sun May 13, 2012 2:26 am

Well, Bubbles is back to her health again, being a social little girl and running over to the boys cages to squeak loudly at them (they don't seem very impressed) Big Grin

She had 1 final visit and got 2 injections and is now finishing up her Meloxidel.

One thing that came out of this is that in future we will definitely go to Bray with our ratties. The local vet we seen before was good, but admitted not having much experience with ratties and recommended us to go to Bray. The way they diagnosed and advised (I got a few good advises on feeding and bedding as well) really was worth the money spent. Smile

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down