Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Won't Nest?

2 posters

Go down

Won't Nest? Empty Won't Nest?

Post by ashlingm Fri May 11, 2012 10:57 am

Well Lisa (my new ratty) has moved in with my other two (Smokey and Peanut). Long story short I was told she had been in with 2 females before but wouldn't nest with them...but I didn't think much of it at the time. However she's now living with my two and they both snuggle up at night in their hut (which was originally hers ... but I absolutely scrubbed and disinfected it) but she just sits on the top shelf of the cage alone.

Is this normal? Does she just kind of enjoy her space and not want to share her bed?

I'm after ordering a load of new toys and accessories from Zooplus including a sputnik ... do you think she will make her own little nest? I have a hammock in the cage but NONE of them sleep in it! I just feel kind of sorry for her sleeping on her own ... I want her to be all cuddly and warm with the others Smile

ashlingm

Back to top Go down

Won't Nest? Empty Re: Won't Nest?

Post by Zoundz Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 am

Don't worry too much, some rats just don't enjoy it, she'll come round in her own time, if she feels like it Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down