Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She wrecked my sofa!

3 posters

Go down

She wrecked my sofa!  Empty She wrecked my sofa!

Post by GillianK Tue May 15, 2012 8:12 am

Woke up this morning, went to living room to find my leather sofa eaten badly, large holes in different places. Have just paid it off. Had to be a rat of course! Check the rat cage and Blanche is gone, not there at all! Spent 20 minutes in a panic checking everywhere in the living room but she wasn't anywhere, I remembered the cat had been indoors, had he got her??? About to have a heart attack with worry, when I sit down on my newly destroyed sofa to try to think, and a friendly face peaks out from under one of the holes in the leather where she had burrowed herself deep in the fluff under it. She comes running up to me, settles on my lap and begins to groom. Hubby arrives and says ... 'Oh yeah, we had her out of the cage last night before you went to bed, I must have forgot to put her back!' Thanks Blanche! New sofa ruined! She'd never even nibbled my sofa in the almost 2 years I've had her, and shes been out on it soooo many times. Why had she decided to damage it so badly??? Shes made several holes! I have so many things rats can chew in their cage which she never touches, raging about sofa but relieved Blanche is ok! I think she actually enjoyed her night!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

She wrecked my sofa!  Empty Re: She wrecked my sofa!

Post by Zoundz Tue May 15, 2012 8:49 am

Whoops! Bad girl! Laugh Laugh

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ashlingm Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 am

My last two did the same...someone forgot to close the cage properly and they escaped during the night!

My dad went in the next day to sneak them a few treats and noticed they were missing. He saw one running along the couch and caught her but once the other one spotted him she went diving into the couch ...not a chance was she going back to her cage! Eventually he got her...but the poor couch was in bits! We had to place the cushions really carefully so they'd cover up the holes Smile

To make it worse they'd spent the night moving all their bedding and food over and had made themselves quite a nest.... probably thought they'd gotten so lucky! u

I saw the funny side of it and was just happy to have them back ok...my mam didnt quite feel the same! I have a photo of it somewhere ...Ill have to see if I can dig it out!

ashlingm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum