Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you spell nutter?! Rats on 'My Strange Addiction'

4 posters

Go down

Can you spell nutter?! Rats on 'My Strange Addiction' Empty Can you spell nutter?! Rats on 'My Strange Addiction'

Post by Zoundz Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:42 am

Not sure if this has been noticed by anyone already, but it was brought to my attention today so I thought I'd post it up! I'm just shocked, more than anything at the poor standard of care these animals are receiving (note the one with the huge facial tumour/abscess) - not to mention the dreadful cages etc... it's just awful! Sad

Doesn't paint rats or rat owners in a very good light either Evil stupid old woman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsZPLKLmgf8

Think the whole episode is on Youtube too if anyone was bored enough!

xx

ETA - ugh - am watching the episode, it paints rats as totally unsuitable pets! Evil Evil Evil Roll Eyes I quote:

"Rats can transmit diseases to people that cause rashes, vomiting and even death" (I presume this is referring to Rat Bite Fever? This is exceptionally rare!)
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Can you spell nutter?! Rats on 'My Strange Addiction' Empty Re: Can you spell nutter?! Rats on 'My Strange Addiction'

Post by redrach Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:59 am

I couldn't even watch it all. She makes me sick. Words can't even explain what an idiot she is.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Can you spell nutter?! Rats on 'My Strange Addiction' Empty Re: Can you spell nutter?! Rats on 'My Strange Addiction'

Post by Shirodoragon Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:39 am

I read that rat bite fever is mostly in wild rats and that pet ones next to never have it. Its kinda annoying how she puts them all in ontop oif each other into cages, also she seemed to be throwing them into that cage thing too. :/ What a horrible woman in my opinion. My family watched this documentary a couple of weeks ago and were like omg ewww and then proceed to pick mine out and snuggle them so it didnt change my families view on my ones xD My rats are like part of the family, even my father sneaks them treats .
Shirodoragon
Shirodoragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraBloo Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:07 am

I only watched the video in the link, she just seems like your average pet hoarder. Hoarding more animals than she can look after, in bad conditions and lack of health care.

I think anyone watching it with half a brain would see that's not your average rat owner.
Just like the woman I seen on tv the other day that owned 40 rabbits! And her house was like one big hutch. Shocked

It always amazes me how pet hoarders can let it get like that, because they usually genuinely love the animal. It's like there's a mental block not letting them see reality. Sad
SaraBloo
SaraBloo
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:55 am

You make a good point there Sara, about the mental block. I do feel deeply sorry for these people - as I imagine it's a very slippery slope, and all too easy for it to happen if other factors in life are going badly wrong, we all know that animals help us find peace and love and joy, where there might be none in our lives, so it makes sense to try and fill your life with them if you're having a particularly wretched time of things. Doesn't make it right of course, but I do empathise.

I think you would be surprised though, how many people think that 99% of rat owners would be like this :/

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraBloo Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:34 pm

I suppose with the rep rats get, people who keep them are more likely to be seen as a bit odd. Laugh

There was a thing on the other night called The Hoarder Next Door and the guy on it was a regular hoarder, he literally had no floor space. He also had about 4 cats, and even though he wasn't an animal hoarder.. I noticed one of his cats was very scabby around the eyes and whatnot. He had people telling him he had to sort his house out, but I was wondering why none of them were saying he had to sort his pets out!

But I agree, it definitely doesn't make it right or okay just because they may mental health problems.
SaraBloo
SaraBloo
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down