Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Empty PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by Rizzo Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 am

I just had Gary out for about 2 hours and out of nowhere he started bringing up blood. it looks to be coming from his nose. He was cleaning himself and then started sneezing and gobbling. My sleeve was red. He is losing a lot of blood. I put him in his cage to try and calm him down because he's panicking. What can I do. I really think i'm gonna lose him as I can't get hold of a vet.
Rizzo
Rizzo

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Empty Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by Zoundz Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Hey Rachel - I just got your e-mail, I've been out this evening.

I'm so sorry to hear about this Sad is he OK now? Any update? I don't think there's much you can do to stop the bleeding yourself, I don't know if there's something a vet could do - possibly, but I'm not sure... :/

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:08 pm

I Just don't get how it all started. One minute he was happy energetic little self, fit and well and enjoying mine and Neil's company, Bruxing, jumping up onto my shoulder and then he was cleaning himself and Neil spotted he was bleeding. The sneezing started and then he started Panicking, rubbing his nose on anything. I tried my best to see where the blood was coming from but as far as I could see he was having to breathe from his mouth but there was still a lot of blood. I did my best to clean his nose but there was no evidence of a cut. It was just Horrible and I kept saying he doesn't deserve this. I called an emergency vet and she advised me over the phone to keep him calm and warm but his breathing had gotten more rapid and shallow. Neil did his best to help him breathe and keep the airway clear but It sounded like there was too much blood in his airway........ I was numb from disbelief at this stage asking myself how could this happen. I rang the vet again and she told me if I was to bring him in at 2.30am it was going to cost me €90 regardless. I got very frustrated and We were wondering if she could only see this poor fellow and what he was going through. All we could do is try and make him as comfortable as possible and comfort him. I fell asleep at around 4am and when I woke at 7 he was gone. Recon his little lungs just gave up........ I'm just gutted Sad
Rizzo
Rizzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 pm

:*( I'm so sorry Rachel - how absolutely heartbreaking :*( (((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))) chances are it was reasonably painless anyway, even if distressing Sad

It was probably lungs giving up because of being full of blood etc in the end Sad Heart failure *can* cause this sort of thing, though it's usually blood from the mouth - as the lungs fill up. I would guess this to be something like that or a tiny nasal tumour you'd never even have known about etc Sad

You did what you could - there's really very very little that anyone can do in these situations - it's just not fair Sad

((((((((((hug))))))))))

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 am

Oh my god, that's just awful! Shocked I'm so sorry you and Gary had to go through this Cry *HUUUUUG*
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:26 am

I still can't believe it. Thanks for the support. It really was horrible. Just wish there was more I could have done for him. He really didn't deserve to die like this Sad
Rizzo
Rizzo

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 am

I'm so sorry you had all had to go through that Cry I'm sure your presence comforted him xx just think,as horrible as it was,it was one night in a very happy carefree life,full of cuddles and love and fun xxx
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by kirm Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:36 am

Oh no thats awful - oh you poor thing to have had to witness that. Poor little guys is at peace now, so sorry for your suffering.

kirm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum