Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Holland!

4 posters

Go down

Hello from Holland! Empty Hello from Holland!

Post by Tenmashi Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 am

Hello!

My name is Elise, I am a 20 going on 21 Dutchwoman with plans of starting my own rattery sometime in the future. With sometime in the future I mean in a couple of years when I have had rats a bit longer (my first rats are now 19 months old), learned more about breeding and rats in general and have a more stable situation to be able to breed rats (just quit studying for a year, living at my mum's officially, wanting to move in with my OH unofficially, and still planning to finish a study etc).

In the meantime I am shaping up my breeding plans by figuring out what I want to accomplish with breeding and how to get there. Along the way I ran into Laura from Bongo Fury rattery who has already helped me out a lot! Grin Which is how I stumbled across this forum and ended up registering so I could perhaps learn some more (I do that a lot, haha!).

It's also very interesting since I've been thinking The Netherlands need a proper rat club. The only ones in existence here are breeder "coalitions" and the general rodent club which has its trophy named after our biggest rodent farmer.... Roll Eyes He's a nice guy and knows a lot, I don't deny that, but not really up to standard in my eyes, so.. Anyway, since I'm not a breeder yet I can't do much about the situation.

I do have my own Dutch rat forum which is pretty popular and open to everyone, so yay. Smile It has a quite effective system for breeders: to be allowed to show their litters they must first introduce themselves as a rattery in a separate board and explain their breeding ethics etc and answer the questions the community has (and the community can be very picky, hehe).

Well, guess I should shut my trap now, I tend to ramble when I start talking about rats and breeding and my forum so apologies. Laugh If you have any questions, please do ask.

Tenmashi

Back to top Go down

Hello from Holland! Empty Re: Hello from Holland!

Post by GillianK Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:50 am

Welcome to the forum!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi Elise! ;D Nice to have you here!

Your rodent farmer... I won't ask you to out him on here, and I do have my suspicions - he's on my Facebook friend list isn't he? Wink Hmm... well, he's better than the rodent farmers in the UK and Ireland at least, but still! Sad

Well, you're always welcome here! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenmashi Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:21 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. Grin

Yeah he is, and indeed he is better than the average backyard breeder and possibly the best commercial breeder in the Netherlands, but certainly not the way I would want to breed rats or any animal ever. Sad

Tenmashi

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:07 am

Hi there, nice to have you here Grin
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum