Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*(

4 posters

Go down

Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*( Empty Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*(

Post by Zoundz Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:25 am

Daffy was one of a kind... I named her after my wonderful old girl Dawn, who gave us our first Russian Dove Agoutis in 2008. Daffy was so like her, just in a different colour Smile everyone who met her loved her - everyone who came here knew her - it wasn't like she'd let you alone long enough for anyone else to get a look in. She was always the first rat up at the bars - *always*. She was a complete nutter, and since she got sick a couple of months back, and developed a head tilt, she'd become even more ditzy and manic! She would be climbing your face given half a chance. She was one of my all time favourite rats - and I know we shouldn't have favourites, but this girl just melted my heart from the time she was a tiny baby <3

Daffy gave us a wonderful litter, we kept 4 beautiful babies, and her lovely girl Patch is currently on a litter for us, which helps us through the hard times I guess. Duck is missing her terribly though Sad they were very close. Some of you were lucky enough to meet the lovely Daffs - she came with us to Cardiff show, where she did quite well in pet class, winning 3rd adult owned doe I believe and most importantly, lickiest rat <3 obviously she was her usual self then! :*)

To Daffy...

When I walked into the shed a couple of weeks ago and saw a small lump under your ear - just a tiny thing - I could barely believe it... :*( I knew almost at once that it wasn't good. I kept hoping it was a normal abscess, but something just felt wrong for that. My worst fears were soon realised and it developed into a big abscess - which I could just tell had a zymbal's gland tumour underneath it. Sure enough, on cleaning of the abscess, it took no time for the tumour to make itself all too obvious. Never bothered you though, did it? Wink You were ever the bouncy, mad, pingy, crazy madam you always were - still fling yourself on to the cage door to be let out... still scale my arms and my face and still lick me and race around like a loony... :*)

Despite how much it must have hurt - because towards the end it had started to bleed and weep a little - you never let it get you down. You had an appetite like a horse, and you loved nothing more than racing around with your daughter Duck... I'm only sad you never got to meet your grandkids, as you'd have loved them I'm sure - you'd have had so much fun charging round the place with them - thinking you were one of them!

I don't know what I'll do without you, my little precious metal. You were just the best... the best... I know you live on through your offspring, but they're not you. Patch does a good job though! You better be with your mum Indy now... causing hell Smile go and find your friends and family, and bounce all over them. The World just won;t be the same without you in it, making it richer my sweet girl :*(

This song is for you - I honestly can't think of a single thing that is more apt <3 Run free my beautiful girl.

Hanson - Minute Without You

Well I woke up this morning
And the night had been so long
Seems that I had had my mind on you
Well the day, it has begun, and I can't get a minute,
can't get a minute without you

You're always on my mind, you're always in my head
And I can't live, I can't live another day without you
'Cause when the minutes seem like hours and the hours seem like days
Then a week goes by you know it takes my breath away
All the minutes in the world could never take your place
There's one-thousand-four-hundred-forty hours in my day

I've been trying to call you all day, 'cause I got so many things
that I want to say
I'm going crazy, 'cause all my thoughts are filled with you
There's got to be some way I can get through to you ohh

[Repeat Chorus]

I can't keep myself from thinking about you
It's because I love you, and I know that it's true, whoooa
I'll call it desperation, can't you see it in my eyes?
That I want be with you until the sun falls from the sky

[Repeat Chorus]

:*( oh I'm going to miss her so much :*(

Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*( Daffy02

Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*( Daffy01

Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*( Daffy03

With Patch in front <3
Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*( 549582_10151977463845602_2038267178_n

Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*( 380955_10151051685765602_1118001186_n

Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*( 388534_10151051685485602_1176083286_n

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*( Empty Re: Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*(

Post by GillianK Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Laura, I am so sorry to hear you have lost Daffy, especially to a zymbal's gland tumour, as I know how nasty they are, having taken my Blanche who I miss day and night too. Like Daffy, Blanche never let her ZGT bother her either. What little troopers ratties are. Daffy was very lucky to have had an owner like you and it sounds like she was a real heart rat. Run free Daffy.
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:29 am

I teared up properly reading this Laura,I really don't know what to say x to say she was a special girl is such a massive understatement,your tribute to her really says it all Love she had the life she deserved,and was only as happy and vibrant as she was because she could be 100% herself xxx rest in peace gorgeous Love
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Bongo Fury Draft Of Dawn :*( Empty Such an adorable little bink

Post by Tribble Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 am

She was truely loved and cared for to the best of any human ability.
I only wish we can be half as good to our little ones when their time comes.
You really are gifted in your ability to raise phenomenal ratties.

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down