Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild rat in house

2 posters

Go down

Wild rat in house Empty Wild rat in house

Post by Tribble Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:42 pm

I considered placing this in 'Behaviour' but thought this location may be better.
Afriend of mine is fairly certain that something 'bigger than a mouse' is hiding out in her living room.
She's terrified of rats, but not because they're rats (the tails make her squicky, and she worked in stables for most of her life).
Anyway, if anyone has any tips for cohercing the rat outside, they would be graetly appriciated.
She couldn't handle a live trap on her own, especially with all the noise the little guy may be making, so something more 'hands off' would suit her to a 'T'.
so Confused ...um.... thanks for any help. Laugh

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Wild rat in house Empty Re: Wild rat in house

Post by Zoundz Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 am

I can't think of anything that would help at all... :/ she'll have to get someone in to sort the problem for her, or man up and catch it. Personally, I don't use live traps, I am afraid I do use break back traps, as they are by far the most quick and humane way of dispatching a wildie... however for those who do want to live catch, you need a good longworth trap and then when you catch the rat, take it a good few miles away to release it. You can't just coerce it outside, as it will come straight back in!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tribble Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:32 am

Well, I told her what I could at the time (essentially live trap and get help, and make yourself known and he won't come near you).
Havn't heard from her since she said her housemates got home, so that's kinda it.... I assume it was sorted.

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down