Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Variety

5 posters

Go down

Favourite Variety Empty Favourite Variety

Post by smokierat Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:47 am

So,i was wondering what everyones favourite variety is?and why?
I know its not as important as breed with pet dogs,its purely aesthetic with rats but there will always be varieties that make you go Wow....The varieties i adore are the ones that remind me of the rats ive loved and lost-hooded agouti,topaz to name the main two.But the ones i have always thought were just stunning,even when i hadnt had any-Black (never understood why its relatively unpopular-i dont think there is *anything* so stunning as a gorgeous,sleek,shiny black doe.Agouti,Blue Agouti-AALLLLL the agoutis!Anything orangie...Those are my absolute favourites but i have yet to see one i dont like Smile
So,what about everyone else?
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Favourite Variety Empty Re: Favourite Variety

Post by Zoundz Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:09 pm

I will always be mad about Russian Silver - they are the variety that made me passionate about breeding, they are the variety I wanted to breed from the moment I knew they existed! Smile

I also love Russian Topaz - met my first in about 2005/2006 and fell in love. Have bred one, but she was just a pet. I'm also growing to love Pearl and cinnamone Pearl (I always liked them, but CP in particular is stunning). Russian Dove Agouti holds a special place in my heart too.

I also adore Squirrel, Chinchilla, Platinum Agouti, Buff and Golden Himalayan. And for marked, has to be any of the Downunders! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DJF Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 am

I am generally awed by selfs, especially black. A luscious sparkling black coat is so beautiful. I once saw a picture of a Bongo Fury Russian Dove Agouti and thought her to be an amazing looking rat. And chocolate. I love my blue girls also and the silver/lavender one has impressed even my most rat phobic friends. She is a little stunner. 

As for marked varieties, I have two chocolate hoodeds with the best temperaments imaginable but am always struck by both Himilayan and Siamese varieties. High whites are very striking but I am not sure of the ethics behind breeding them. 

I have seen some martens on other forums. They look a bit odd, but in a nice way.
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by eoghan Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:30 am

I am a massive fan of dark eyed pale faced ratties. My smokie doakie was the business. She was a roan and started out as a white with a silvery grey patch covering most of her shoulders/back. She roaned to the point of being all white with a very small amount of silvery hairs on the back of her neck. She was gorgeous. Almost like a black Eyed white when she passed. My next favorite would be Russian silver like my dizzy puss and that is tied with the russian dove agouti like my squeak a puss. Also I would love to have a russian silver agouti but laura wont make one for me. Tongue 
All in all, anything agouti anything marked and anything self and if its curly too all the better.
Needless to say I don't discriminate against ratties unless their annoying and trying to head butt me off the couch or trying to jump off it or chewing the remote or the phone or the couch and so on
eoghan
eoghan
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by DJF Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:44 am

Looking around the NFRS forum, I just discovered the Cream Agouti and the Russian Burmese. Bew-tea-full! God, I can't wait t have a rat shed!
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:53 am

There are so many varieties to die for! I personally am besotted with Cinn Pearl at the moment! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:17 am

This is a great thread. I always had a soft spot for The Bongo Fury Russian Blues. They are just Gorgeous. I was also extremely lucky last year as I got both a russian Blue and a Silver from Bongo Fury. They are absolutely stunning and many friends/Family adore them. I also love my mink hooded satin that I picked up during the summer from equipet in Drogheda as He was there on his own and I felt sorry for him. Would love a russian Blue Satin some day as they are extremely soft and cute Love 
Rizzo
Rizzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:56 am

*watch this space...*

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:32 am

Oh Russian Blues <3 <3 <3 Be Still my beating heart...
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by DJF Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:28 am

Silver agouti has my attention of late and I find myself staring at argente cremes so I must like them.
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Don't get silver agouti really - they are quite pretty, but sort of... porridge coloured! I do however love Argente Cream, very pretty.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down