Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does do as Does do

5 posters

Go down

Does do as Does do Empty Does do as Does do

Post by DJF Thu May 09, 2013 10:46 am

Oh my, free ranging five does is exhausting!

On the book case, in the book case, behind the book case, chewing the hard backs, attempting to chew cushions, chewing the one candle you overlooked, disappearing into thin air, collecting paper bags, keys, coins, everything and anything is up for grabs, noses stuck in the defrosting fish pie you thought was out of the way, climbing all over me, jumping on me, jumping off me, flirting and vibrating, chasing fists, squeaks and bawls and plenty of humping!

Do they ever slow down? I guess it's a how long is a piece of string question, but how do you exhaust them?

I find them extra rambunctious when in heat. Brazen hussy rats running around looking for fellas to tease!

I wouldn't change it though. Wildly entertaining!
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Does do as Does do Empty Re: Does do as Does do

Post by Tribble Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Haha, I've never properly seen does being does, but that sounds hilarious and terrifying all at the same time Laugh
I think we'll stick to bucks, they seem far more manageable, haha.

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu May 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Yes - quite normal - and good luck tiring them out! XD Ask Smokierat about that - her rats are loonies! Evil Grin Laugh Love

I have a group of 4 girls in particular (yes Patch and daughters, I'm looking at you!) - and you can barely open the cage safely... they are on you as soon as you do, in your eyes, nose, ears, on your head, trying to run off...

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DJF Fri May 10, 2013 12:32 am

Yep, they are gas alright! I have been working from home on and off for the last few weeks so the girls are out for 5,6,7,8 hours at a time somedays. During the day in the cage, they sleep but not when out. I have been waiting for them to keel over and conk out, but nope, not a hope!

I have had to be extra diligent since they discovered they can chew their way inside cushions. The OH is not a fan of holey cushions (I don't mind). Cushions now, who knows when they will end up inside the sofa!
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Fri May 10, 2013 5:59 am

Why Laura,i simply dont know what you're talking about Laugh id be lost without my spacers Love we have covered our couches with throws that we dont mind getting chewed because it stops them getting into the couch and getting stuck/crushed!old/cheapie ikea cushions all the way!i find putting boxes,paper bags,tubes,draping blankets etc on the couch is handy giving them an easily changeable playground on the couch,distracts a little from chewwing etc.Some girls do calm down a bit as they mature but tbh i love it when they dont Big Grin i do love my crazy girls Love
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattie_baus Sun May 12, 2013 9:14 am

don't talk to me about does! lol
i left my fave coat on the sofa a good 6 inches away from their cage, and the wee rats (he, see waht i did there! Tongue ) did this...
Does do as Does do A820573A-105D-4AA3-9010-54B3BEB0A62A-673-00000072B24529F1_zpsc245146c
Rattie_baus
Rattie_baus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum