Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat Lives...

4 posters

Go down

Rat Lives... Empty Rat Lives...

Post by DJF Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 am

Will the girls ever slow down?

All my house plants are now half uprooted, wobbly and in need of their own room! I am not complaining, I great kicks out of their antics.

In your experiences of keeping rats, what are the stages girls and boys go through? I hear that bucks get lazy. Do does ever do the same?

On a funny note, I was on a Sopranos marathon over the weekend, had the rats out, up to no good. I conked on the sofa and awoke at 5 or so with the Sopranos still running and two girls asleep beside me on the sofa. The rest went back to the cage. It was a once off moment - girls, asleep, when out! I will turn them into occasional lap rats yet!
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Rat Lives... Empty Re: Rat Lives...

Post by Zoundz Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:07 am

Hehe! Smile

Well, I think it depends on lines, and also on who they live with - some rats, with other slower rats in the cage, become slower, and a rat with faster more hyper rats in the cage is more likely to head that way too. My own girls tend to be quite soppy and laid back! Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Videli Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Rosalina and Speedy are 31months now and they are kind of "slow".
They don't climb on free range any more. They only stay on lower areas. They still enjoy their food exercise toys and pea-fishing and stuff^^
They don't have problems to get on the upper areas of the cage using the ramps fortuantly Smile Also they are very acitve then I cleaned out their cange and they need to rebuild their nests.
While Vroni and Harriet dont like to be cuddled because they rather want to run and explore, the old ones enjoy it a lot just sitting on my legs and being stroked Smile
So from my experience old ladys do slow down, but as they are my first rats it might just be them of course^^
Videli
Videli

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:39 am

My girls are 27 months now and are beginning to slow down. They still love their free range, but they sleep more than they used to. Smile Enjoy their antics!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down