Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free hairless rat

+5
katherine
Zoundz
EssDubya
redrach
Catz
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Free hairless rat - Page 2 Empty Re: Free hairless rat

Post by carol Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:38 pm

if ur in dublin i could do with a cage as well dont mind payin 4 it

carol

Back to top Go down

Post by EssDubya Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm in Carlow Town. I also have another big-ish white cage that I got with my first two boys thats been sitting in the shed for a few months if anyone is interested? If nobody is travelling this way.... I think a courier would only be about €12

EssDubya

Back to top Go down

Post by shanty Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 am

Aw I'm so happy you gave him a lovely new home! Hope he settles in soon. Is he cute? What does he feel like?! The curiosity is killing me! Laugh

I would love a new cage Smile My brother lives in Carlow, and he's bringing me and my rattie entourage home for Christmas, so I could get him to pick it up off you if no one else has taken it for sure? I think Lucy is adopting my two new fellas off me as they don't get along with Oscar, but I don't know when that will be - it might not be till after Christmas. I'm going home to the family for the hols so loads of space there for an extra cage, and it would mean the poor lads finally getting room to stretch their little legs while they're waiting to go to their new home. Out of interest, how big is your second one in comparison to the one Kojak came in? Carol and Laura, you got there first so if either of you definitely want it then go ahead - just throwing my name in the hat too!

How did you introduce your boys?!?!? I must be the world's biggest idiot if I can't get mine to get along when everyone else can! Cry

shanty
shanty

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:25 am

I just think you're too nervous with them Shanty Smile and that's OK, most people are with their first intros - they can be quite scary. As I said, I wish I was closer, as then I could show you how best to intro, and maybe even do the first one for you ((((((hug)))))))))

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by shanty Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:42 am

Aw thanks for the hug Laura. I could do with one right now! I wish so much that I could get down to you... I'd say you'd sort them right out. My room is their free-range area, and when I take Oscar up after the other two have been playing, his fur puffs up as soon as he gets a whiff of them, and he gets all agitated... he reeeeally doesn't like them. *sigh* I even had a crazy notion that maybe Oscar and these particular rats are just not compatible, and I could try again with a different rat/rats after the white ones go to their new home... ambitious I know... I might end up in the exact same situation as I'm in now! Question - *If* I got the confidence to try again, how much is too much when it comes to the fighting? All the websites say 'no blood, no foul', so when I see the smallest bit of blood I freak out. When you've introduced rats in the past, to what extent do you let them get on with it? Should I risk letting them go that bit further? Aaargh I just don't know... I'm getting flustered just thinking about it! Cry
shanty
shanty

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:54 pm

I let them get on with it to a larger extent, but I have to say Oscar's behaviour is fairly uncharacteristic for our line :/ they don't normally get all poofy and agitated when they're taken to a place where others are. I'd normally recommend neutering, but to be honest, I know that a few have been lost to it lately - and I don't like doing it unless there is no other choice at all - and if it's a chance that it could be that he just doesn't gel with these rats, then I'd say not to risk neutering. He may get on with kittens, especially if he's related to them. I'd be more than happy for you to have some babies from us, I owe you that much Sad but the same problem lies with you collecting them :/

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:27 pm

So pleased this guy has found a good home nd is settling in well with his new friends. Seconding the cry for pics Wink
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:30 am

Ah dont feel bad Shanty,its not an easy thing when you havent done it before and you dont know what is acceptable...talking from experience here Tongue you dont want them to get hurt or overly stressed but it often does look and sound worsethan it is !you should hear the scuffling and rat swearing that goes on with our girls when we leave to go up to bed,and then you check on them and they're all cuddled up like nothing ever happened Evil Grin Laura would be the one to show you if you could make the journey Smile
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2