Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabbit rant

5 posters

Go down

Rabbit rant  Empty Rabbit rant

Post by Catz Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Sorry but can I vent here for moment?
I was looking around Donedeal (its very late and I'm bored lol) and spotted an ad for a dwarf rabbit titled "Ideal for Santa". This set off alarm bells and I was right to be worried.
It read: 6 month old Dwarf Rabbit for sale with cage. Bought as a trial run for a dog and now hope Santa is going to swap for a dog as 3 kids were excellent at handling and minding 'Nibbles'. Will be very sorry to see her go. Never had a pet so she was a great starting experience but sadly a dog and rabbit cant live together.

What are theses people on???? You bought a rabbit as a trial run for a dog to see if kids could cope? All they are teaching their kids is that pets are disposable and can be swapped whenever they want. Caring for a rabbit isn't even close to caring for a dog anyway! Grrr sorry I am just so angry and sad for the poor bunny. Its only 6 months and already being passed on. I'm so tempted to email them but whats the point. Oh and they are getting a new puppy on the 24th of dec so rabbit needs to be gone.. whats the bets the puppy is dumped after the holidays when its no longer cute? Evil
Catz
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Rabbit rant  Empty Re: Rabbit rant

Post by Zoundz Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:52 pm

See now, I would be sending them an e-mail worded a bit like your post... along the lines of 'seriously - you expect your kids to learn responsibility by buying a pet and then throwing it away when you're bored? No wonder people are so crap with animals these days with parents like you!'

Makes my blood boil!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:56 am

Evil These people shouldnt be allowed to have children or animals Evil
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:37 am

This is so sad - and disgusting actually Evil I wish it was the first such horrifying story I've heard Sad I think there should be a uniform ban of selling or rehoming animals to anyone except rescue centres for 2 weeks around christmas, I know most rescue centres don't rehome animals around this time because these are the kind of stupid idiots they end up with poor things. And yes the children will grow up with just the same vile attitudes Cry And I'm with you the poor dog will be on the scrap heap soon enough as well.
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 am

I agree with you on the rescue rehoming. I was going to email them today but the rabbit has been sold so the deed is done. I hope it went to a good home. Its only the start of it now though isn't? Done deal and similar sites will be flooded with unwanted gifts and the like in the next few weeks..
Catz
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerwitch Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:21 pm

smokierat wrote: Evil These people shouldnt be allowed to have children or animals Evil
yeah some people cant even control their kids i know of a family who cant control their kids and then they get pets and they are left out in a cold damp shed. i think its cruel. and they deserve to be shown what its like to live in those conditions.
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down