Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vetbed arrived (:

2 posters

Go down

Vetbed arrived (: Empty Vetbed arrived (:

Post by redrach Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:39 am

This morning my vetbed arrived for the boys' cage.
Vetbed arrived (: 324697_10150493423063171_588978170_9012348_448895025_o
Albie's up&down hld means that some days he really struggles to wade through the substrate. So, I decided to order this in big enough pieces that they could just go in the base of my srs, in hope that he won't have to go into a retirement cage.
Granted there are 2 young boys and Chandler, there is still plenty of shredded paper & card for bedding and digging in (not that they do much of the latter). And, although it looks like everything in the cage is very low ie. ladder and very low shelf, there are hammocks ropes and a tube higher up to benefit them & which are just out of Albie's reach now, so he's not going to fall and get hurt. I'm actually quite proud that i've adapted it to suit them all because I was really worried i'd have to split them up and put the oldiers in a one-level cage.
If I like the vetbed and it works well for us I am considering using it all the time & eventually getting some for the girls too as it would save me £40 a month on bedding.
I'm trying to come up with some ideas for various digging boxes and ways to ensure they have a variety of materials available to them, so let me know if anyone has any suggestions.
I fear scatter-feeding is going to be a pain, but then I realised I can scatter feed on their shelf (which albie can still get to) and cover over with paper/card as on the floor.

Anyway, let me know what you think.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Vetbed arrived (: Empty Re: Vetbed arrived (:

Post by Zoundz Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:16 am

Looks good. I find vetbed a bit of a pain personally, but with as many rats and cages as we have, it's just not really practical. When we've had it for old rats in the past, it's been good though Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:47 am

Yeah, it would be a pain with a lot of cages! It'll be a case of seeing how it goes i suppose.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down