Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself

+4
Zoundz
GillianK
Catz
rattynatty
8 posters

Go down

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself Empty Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself

Post by rattynatty Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi peeps! I am Nathan from Belfast and ever since my first rat when I was 10 years old I have wanted some more!

Around October I got 4 very frightened 4 month old bucks. They hadn't been handled that much it seemed so it was a bit of a challenge to get them used to me! After weeks of spoon feeding and stroking and handling them, they have completely changed. The most timid one is now the most outgoing, boisterous and the biggest! They all jump up to see me now as soon as they hear me coming up the stairs. I am beginning to train them now and its very exciting!

Their names are, Schodinger (after the physicist) who is a black rex, the mushroom twins Portobello and Shitaki (they are kind a browny grey with grey/white underside I am unsure of the variety, and Hugh (Full name would be Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall, his hero!) He has a very light grey hood.

I will post photos soon when I have access to the other computer Grin

Looking forward to hearing from all you rat lovers!

rattynatty

Back to top Go down

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself Empty Re: Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself

Post by Catz Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:31 am

Your boys sound stunning (love their names!),can't wait to see pictures of them Smile
Catz
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself Empty Re: Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself

Post by GillianK Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:16 am

Hi Nathan,

Your boys sound gorgeous. Can't wait to see pics! Fabulous names too. :-) Everyone on here is very friendly and chatty so welcome to the forum!

Gillian

GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:43 am

Hi Nathan - can't wait to see pics of your ratties - the names are epic! Grin Welcome to the forum! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:59 am

Hello! lovely to have you, I look forward to hearing more about your rats, and possibly seeing photos too Grin
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by rattynatty Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:44 am

Thank you all for such a lovely welcome Smile

I couldn't wait to come on and upload some photos!!

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself IMG_3389
Portobello, Schrodinger and Shitaki

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself IMG_3384
Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall!

His hood is so light it is hardly picked up by the camera. Maybe this photo its more apparent:
Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself IMG_3294

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself IMG_3381
awww cute wee Schrodinger with his wee curly whiskers!!

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself IMG_3390
The mushroom twins.

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself IMG_3293

Anyone any ideas as to what variety Portobello and Shitaki are?

Zoundz, I was reading that you named your rats after Zappa and Captain Beefheart related things, I thought that was genius!!!

rattynatty

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:26 am

No idea as I'm not that clued up on identifying different rat breeds but they look Cinnamon types/colours to me? But meh, Laura is the best person to answer that question!

But your rats are gorgeous. I love the mushroom twins! Such cute expressions and lovely colours! Schrodinger is fabulous looking with his funky curly coat. Gorgeous! But I adore Hugh. He looks like a lighter version of my late rat Stella. They are just beautiful!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:33 am

Your ratties are just Gorgeous Smile and the names are kickass Laugh Welcome to the forum,I hope you find it as good a resource as I have
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:12 am

Simply beautiful Love I don't pretend to be an expert at all but to me they look like cinnamon agouti. Laura or Lew will be able to actually tell you Wink
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:32 am

Firstly, thanks for the comment about the names we use! Grin it's great to meet people who A) know what they're referring to and B) like it! ;D

Your rats are to die for Grin They look absolutely gorgeous. Schrodinger is a Black Berkshire Rex, Hugh is a rather pale Buff Hooded, the twins are Cinnamon I would say Smile (Katherine - Cinnamon wouldn't be called Cinnamon Agouti, because basically it's Mink Agouti! Grin)

Hope that helps. They're lovely!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:57 am

Ooh! Now there's something I've learned Grin
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by rattynatty Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks very much! its nice to know what variety they are. Its sooo good talking to people who adore their rats as much as me! I just don't understand people who don't find them cute.

I've seen some of your ratties' pictures and they are amazin! I could look through pages and pages for ages!

all the best Smile

Nathan

rattynatty

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Yay - I was right in suggesting they were Cinnamon! I'm getting more and more rat savvy each day! lol

Nathan, oh I know! The only people who have ever held my rats in the year and a half I've been keeping them are my hubby and son. None of the rest of my family or my friends will even look at them! They don't know what they're missing. Rats are ultra cute and adorable, and yours are stunning!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by siofradh Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:52 am

oh my god, you're rats are amazing! ooh especially fond of the black rex!
i'm the same, cannot see why people don't find them cute. their beady eyes and little ears! they just melt my heart! Love
siofradh
siofradh
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:20 am

Hi Nathan, welcome to the forum. Always nice to see more people from NI (:
Lovely ratties.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down