Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noodles

5 posters

Go down

Noodles Empty Noodles

Post by smokierat Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 am

My poor old man rat Noodles doesn't look so good this evening Sad he's eating and moving around a little,nothing too obvious physically so I'm really hoping I'm being over sensitive.just lethargic at times,other times ok,tired,walking kind of floppy but has always had an element of that for quite a while due to his fatness and age,just seems so much worse this evening im wondering if its that,and just not himself Meh after *much * agonizing,I've decided to let him be tonight and make an appointment for the vet in the morning,if its his time to go I want him to be comfortable at home with his lady rat Smokie by his side Love he's nearly two and a half,and a lazy fat man rat at the best of times so I'm hoping its nothing serious,He is my <3 rat and I want him with me for as long as possible Love but not at the expense of him being miserable,I couldn't take that Sad in a way when Ralf got sick,it dragged on and off for a week only for her to go severely downhill in the end,I was selfishly glad of the extra few days but on the other hand I think its easier on them to go quickly and quietly Cry I really really hope I'm being overly morbid and emotional and that my boy will be fine Love please keep my handsome man in your thoughts xx
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Noodles Empty Re: Noodles

Post by Zoundz Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:46 am

I do hope he's OK - he's a heartbreaker that one, there'll be a lot of very sad faces around when his time comes (which is hopefully not yet). Try tempting him with some yummy foods?

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Keeping him in thoughts and hoping its nothing serious x
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:17 pm

We moved the cage up to our room last night,woke up a few times to hear him scoffing kale Smile Smile but he is very weak and completely uncoordinated Sad
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Okay so back home with Noodles,she gave him antibs and steroids and its a wait and see game-she said what I thought,its probably either a pt or a middle ear infection,but most likely a pt,ESP considering she thinks he has cushings.I want as much time with my man as possible but not if he's going to suffer,went through something similar with his daughter Sad he doesn't seem to be in pain,just scared Sad
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:49 am

Grace I am so sad to hear this. He's such a special guy Love I have everything crossed for him. Give him a cuddle from me! *HUG*
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks Katherine,I've passed on the cuddle Smile I have him and Smoke out on the bed now with us,he's a little better than he was but not any more than I'd expect with the injections he got today Sad he can't seem to use a water bottle,so have been giving him grapes,n readybrek seriously watered down with rice milk which seems hard going but he s making an effort to lick it off my fingertips,I hope its enough to keep him comfortable
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Oh dear Cry
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:21 am

Just made an appointment for Noodles for tomorrow,and will ask the vets advice but I think itl be his last Cry he's improved only marginally,and actually is not as good as he was this morning,now.I haven't seen him use the water bottle,or eat any solid food but he will lick stuff off my fingers and sometimes off a spoon,I'm trying to give him that as much as possible but he is so very tired so I'm not disturbing his sleep too much.had major cuddles again this morning so hopefully il be lucky enough to get more later Love Wink have to think more about the future plans for his wife Smokie,I can put her with Nibblet or at least try it but which was my plan anyway,was hoping to give Nibblet and Pixie more breathing space though,to deal with losing their cagemate last week,as I don't think I can put Pixie in with my old lady....so hopefully Pixie will get on well with the babies and my older ladies will live up to their gentle natures
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:54 am

So sorry to hear u may have to make the decision. Thoughts with u x
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:59 am

I hope the vets goes well and that, if you need to make the decision, you have the courage and strength to do so for your little man. It sounds like you're making very good decisions for him and making him as comfortable as he can be, so don't beat yourself up about it. I hope you have as long together as he can manage. He sounds like a real hero Love
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 am

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you both. I know he will be in the best hands no matter what your decision *HUG* xxxxx
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum