Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.*

+2
smokierat
SaraBloo
6 posters

Go down

We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* Empty We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.*

Post by SaraBloo Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:46 am

...So, some of you may or may not remember me posting about my free range problems? Basically I had been free ranging my girls in my bedroom and after having some drama with my girls going into hiding and not coming out or not wanting to be caught my parents told me I wasn't to free range them in there anymore. I moved rooms, hoping I'd be able to correx the end of the room, but that plan didn't work either as the room layout didn't go as planned (Probably moving back into my old bedroom. xD)

Anyway, I got correx and decided to make a pen out of it to put up in the kitchen for free range. My girls had gone quite a while without free range (which I felt VERY guilty about but it was kind of out of my hands), I couldn't even really hold them because they can escape down my wheelchair pretty easily. D: Finally the correx arrived and when my dad had time he put together a pen that could be folded away while it wasn't being used.

They've used it a few times but mostly at night when videos don't really turn out very well, so yesterday I took the opportunity to get a video. I hope to get more fun stuff to fill it with, it's just having somewhere to store the stuff after free range.

The name of the thread will make sense once you watch the video and see the photos. xD

Click for youtube video.

Some photos:

Cassie found her way on to the chair my sister uses for getting in and out of the pen.
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769634524_3cdcb3aebe

CassieButt getting down from the chair. xD
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769635592_9ab3afd4bc

Millie up the cat scratching pole. Sadly not facing the camera. Lol.
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769632306_6f953d8db7

Cassie and Edith in the wheelchair. o:
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769639060_7d6a05e6d6

Edith having a nosy at the laptop screen. o.o
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769636552_664f05c419

Now, this was earlier in the day than they're used to so it didn't take long for Edith Baby to tire herself out. First she fell asleep on the hamster cage, but I didn't get a photo. She seemed to just zonk out, like a baby does. xD I thought something might be wrong, but my sister woke her and she ran about a bit more then this happened...
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769637610_f5809b4bdd
She zonked out again with her nose right in the corner. Lol. I thought she was trying to nose her way out, then realised she was actually sleeping. xD

However falling asleep is becoming the norm for my girls during free range since moving to the pen. They run about and explore for about 30 mins, then one by one climb into my wheelchair and cuddle up behind me.

Yesterday as they had more stuff in their run, they did run around for about an hour before they all wanted to cuddle. So I guess finding more stuff to entertain them is the way to go. Not gonna lie though, I enjoy the cuddles. <3
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769640314_f6ca3ae0ce
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769629046_9a6a94e6a9

Last but not least, as Edith baby was SUPER sleepy... she wanted to be even more snuggly and found her way into my dressing gown pocket. <3
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769630080_ce771c2fd2
We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* 7769631028_4614c660d4
Little bit odd for her as she's never been a pocket/rat bag rat. None of my girls seemed to like the small spaces before. o:

SaraBloo
SaraBloo
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* Empty Re: We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.*

Post by smokierat Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:56 am

Ahhh cuddley ratty girls
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.* Empty Re: We're free! We're free! ...*Sleeps.*

Post by GillianK Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 am

Gorgeous!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 am

Wonderful photos! Grin they look very happy <3

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraBloo Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I think they're enjoying it. Trying to make it more interesting though.
Yesterday I tried pea fishing but apart from Edith drinking a bit of the water they just ignored it. xD
SaraBloo
SaraBloo
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Aw Love Love Love Really glad you've got a solution and you and the girls are enjoying free range time again. Where did you get the correx from?
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraBloo Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 am

SaraBloo
SaraBloo
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:30 am

They're so lovely Love
I drove up the other week to Craigavon and got some correx from them (they only had white at the time, the blue is nice!). I cut up pieces to put along the bottom of the cage (kinda the same way you have your glass but on the outside) to stop them kicking out bedding. The ones in the cage just weren't deep enough and having wood shavings everywhere was doing my head in. Now I don't have to worry about it being all over my carpet when I move!
Anyway, how high did you make their playpen? I have one made out of sheets of wood, about 2ft tall but I only used it a few times because they could jump out. I have some correx left over so I was thinking of trying to make a pen when I move so they can be out more without my full attention.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down