Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie boy not well. Anyone any Ideas???

3 posters

Go down

Charlie boy not well. Anyone any Ideas??? Empty Charlie boy not well. Anyone any Ideas???

Post by iloveweeroxy Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:09 am

My 20 month old boy Charlie is not to well at min, i first noticed 2 nites ago when i went to feed him and he couldnt hold food in his hands, it was just dropping and he didnt seem to realise he had dropped it and was still trying to eat, he doesnt seem to have much grip at all and isnt really responding when ya talk to him, he is also just falling face first outta his hammocks without even tryin to stop himself falling, also he doesnt seem to be able to see an awful lot as he doesnt respond to my hand in front of him plus when he dropped the food he couldnt find it again even though it was right in front of him.
i had him at vets yesterday and they think poss brain tumour, has anyone else seen theses sorta symptons before? vet gave him a shot of steroids and antibiotics called oxycare???
iloveweeroxy
iloveweeroxy

Back to top Go down

Charlie boy not well. Anyone any Ideas??? Empty Re: Charlie boy not well. Anyone any Ideas???

Post by Zoundz Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am

Yep - sounds like a pituitary tumour Sad You're doing the right things by trying steroids, but really, prognosis is very poor Sad I'm so sorry...

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Charlie boy not well. Anyone any Ideas??? Empty Thanks

Post by iloveweeroxy Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks for the reply, Sad

xx
iloveweeroxy
iloveweeroxy

Back to top Go down

Charlie boy not well. Anyone any Ideas??? Empty Re: Charlie boy not well. Anyone any Ideas???

Post by FionaCassim Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 am

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear about your rat - is there any news since? This happened to one of my rats in September, he couldn't hold his food anymore and just deteriorated before my eyes. After a lot of crying, I decided the kindest thing to do would be to put him to sleep. I went to Bairbre O'Malley in Bray and she is amazing.
I hope you're ok, if you need to talk, just holler Smile
FionaCassim
FionaCassim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down