Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So you do exist....

4 posters

Go down

So you do exist.... Empty So you do exist....

Post by DJF Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:14 am

Hi Guys,

Just posting a brief introduction by means of saying hello.

I have been researching pet rats for some time now. I had two as a boy and now that my nomadic student life is much less nomadic, I am ready to reignite this interest. I even managed to convince my partner!

I am (mentally) ready to take the plunge and welcome 2, 3 or 4 kits into my home. I am just a little stuck as to how to acquire them. I have read alot of horrible pet shop stories and so I am hesitant. Do you guys have any suggestions for reputable breeders?

Also, cages. The selection is massive. Which have you found to be the most rat friendly cage? What's the best place to source them?

Glad to see that such a forum exists. You guys are well buried in the nether regions of the WWW!

Darren.
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

So you do exist.... Empty Re: So you do exist....

Post by Abdou Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:03 am

Darren,

Welcome to the forum, :-)

Where abouts are you based...we will hopefully have a large cage shortly after Christmas if you are interested - getting our dream cage! Laugh Big Grin ....but if you google the Aurora 600 cage, that is what we currently have...which is also a very good cage in itself!!

Zoundz on the forum is a breeder and we have some of her beautiful girls... :-) they are absolutely fantastic...

Or we have got some rats from a person local to us who I would also be happy to use....

Good luck with it all.........

Abdou

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 am

Welcome! Grin

Depends what you're after in a breeder really, and what sort of ethics you expect. I would say we're the only ethical breeders in Ireland currently, but that's by UK standards. There are plenty of breeders, they just work with petshop rats and sell to petshops or through free-ads etc, they tend to have no history on their rats and aren't working to improve a variety or improve health or temperament, just throwing a male and a female together. We do know our lines and have a lot of history on them (many years, decades in parts), and we are always very carefully choosing our pairings depending on the genetics of the parents and with particular attention to improving health and temperament. As I say, it just depends what you're after Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 am

Welcome!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum