Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

extra care of older rats?

3 posters

Go down

extra care of older rats? Empty extra care of older rats?

Post by EssDubya Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:25 pm

My boys are now around 20 months old and thankfully are still active and healthy. I have noticed that their fur isn't as thick or shiny as it used to be and I was reading about supplements such as senior aid. Could anyone recommend anything that would be of benefit to my boys? and does anyone know where I could buy some senior aid?

EssDubya

Back to top Go down

extra care of older rats? Empty Re: extra care of older rats?

Post by redrach Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Hey. I use senior aid for my 3 oldies. I only started using it about 2 months ago & it does seem to make them look a bit less scruffy. It took them a while to get used to the taste (and it stinks) but they love it now. You can get in online at http://ratwarehouse.co.uk/, or http://www.ratrations.com/. I'm sure there are some other places you can get it, it's for dogs and cats so it's pretty readily available, maybe a local vets might even sell it. If you're not ordering a lot of things go with ratwarehouse as rations is expensive for delivery. I give a sponnful mixed into their dry mix every few days, say twice a week.
If you don't already use dr.squiggles (daily essentials) you can use it too, it's for any age.
You can also try things like dried seaweed which has lots of minerals which helps them.
If they're getting too thin you can get nutrical or malt paste which are high in calories. Mine get malt paste as a treat, it's like cocaine for them, they go mad for it.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by EssDubya Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks a million for your advice. Where can I buy Dr Squiggles and malt paste? I can find it online from the UK but I prefer to buy Irish where possible :-)

EssDubya

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:59 am

no bother, i'm in NI so i just use UK sites, I have no idea about irish ones, sorry Cry
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:23 pm

I don't think it's something you can easily get in Ireland. Try actual pet shops (preferably ones that don't sell animals) - and if they don't have them, perhaps they can get something in for you? Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down