Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging box

5 posters

Go down

Digging box Empty Digging box

Post by smokierat Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:11 am

Hey guys,just had a thought for a digging box-kids play sand?does anyone know if that would be safe for ratties,would it be dangerous if they injested some?i have to keep these things in mind with my lot Roll Eyes Grin and what compost do people use?is there something to look out for to ensure its safe/clean?
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Digging box Empty Re: Digging box

Post by Zoundz Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:44 pm

I would imagine that child's play sand should be OK actually - they are very unlikely to ingest any of it. Not sure about compost - in the past I've used stuff without any added chemicals - just plain old earth - but I really don't know.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Digging box Empty rat play ideas

Post by bikerwitch Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:10 pm

i was just searchin around the inter net for ideas to entertain our little guys and i came accross this site i dont know if any of yous expert rat owners have heard it before or the little ideas but i thought they were brilliant so i am sharing the site with you Smile http://www.dapper.com.au/toys.htm#index i hope they will find it entertaining and fun Smile i think the club house is a good one as i will have lots of cardboard boxes lying around after we have moved house and we have a rat proof room for them already picked out Smile
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:05 am

Thats a lovely site isnt it Smile That was one of the first sites i found before i got my guys and they have always enjoyed the cardboard castles Grin im always on the hunt for boxes!
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:11 am

It's a great site, I spent a lot of time on it before I had my rats as well Smile Maybe you'll get some pics of them in their digging box? Wink
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerwitch Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:34 am

as soon as i make the digging box i take pictures and post them up Smile
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:14 pm

We are about ready to present our girls and boys with our third edition of a "green" digging box. This in addition to their other digging box which is filled with bubble wrap and other noisy stuff to rummage in. With this one we were more patient (allow 3 weeks to grow) but we expect total destruction in a matter on minutes Laugh

As usual, we used the spare cage (which we initially purchased for a false alarm pregnancy) and this time we planted a mix of watercress and grass.

Digging box IMAG0109

So probably next Monday we will let the ratties play with it for a glorious funfilled 10 minutes (we will make sure to capture the process of destruction on photo for follow up)

So if you have that spare cage lying around, think of using it, as a digging box or even a swimming pool!

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:48 pm

I have tanks I could do this with - the swimming pool idea sounds fun - but I suspect most of mine would ignore it - on the other hand filling it with stuff to dig in would be great!

That looks awesome!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down