Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngsters still waiting for a loving home

4 posters

Go down

Youngsters still waiting for a loving home Empty Youngsters still waiting for a loving home

Post by dani. Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:56 am

I have a few rats still available from an accidental litter born in September. I have males and females, in black or blue with white sides and belly. I now have a total of 13 rats, and would like to reduce my numbers, and have more hands on time with those I keep.

They are handled daily, so are well used to contact. They are lovely natured wee things who would benefit from even more handling and stimulation.

For anyone who is looking at a long drive to pick up, I can meet you part way.

If interested, send me a message and I'll sent you some pictures.

dani.

Back to top Go down

Youngsters still waiting for a loving home Empty Re: Youngsters still waiting for a loving home

Post by Zoundz Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:53 pm

You could post them on the Facebook page too? That may get more interest as well Smile

Pictures always help! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Youngsters still waiting for a loving home Empty Re: Youngsters still waiting for a loving home

Post by dani. Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:22 am

Ok, Hoping some pictures will pop up below.

[url=<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/phot]<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/phot[/url]

[url=<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/130323760@N04/16245546812/in/photostream/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>]<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/130323760@N04/16245546812/in/photostream/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>[/url]

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:23 am

Youngsters still waiting for a loving home Iframe>

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:25 am

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:26 am

Sad Any help on posting pictures?

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:32 am

[img]Youngsters still waiting for a loving home 16245566412_7943ef8924_s20141111_215009 by dani.hussey, on Flickr[/img]

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:34 am

sorted - woohoo

[img]Youngsters still waiting for a loving home 16245546812_1d3cfec47c_s20141202_134427 by dani.hussey, on Flickr[/img]

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Ahh - I'm not much good with this sort of thing these days- but you do have a couple of pictures finally! Grin Wahoo! I tend to use Photobucket and copy the [img] tag across Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:33 am

Hi Dani where are you based? I'm looking for 2 rats same sex. Thanks Anita

Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:57 am

Hi Anita,

I am in Omagh in northern ireland -but willing to travel for the right home.

I have male and female available, in black, grey and brown (all hooded). Black in both sexes.

Dani

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi Dani, thanks for getting back, I got some rescue little fellas on Sat. I hope you find homes soon. There is Shauna's pet shop on Facebook. Dublin based. She helps re-home. She is a young girl with a mind of info and a Hugh love for Animals. I went to visit her for supplies as I'd read a lot of great feedback from different sites. Thanks again

Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by ginger-ninja Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:57 am

I'm really tempted to take some of your males. I have a lone rescue buck who really needs some company, but I have no idea of his background! I'm pretty new to rat keeping so I'd probably need to do a bit more research into introductions.
ginger-ninja
ginger-ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:25 am

Hi,

I'm from Newtownards Smile My sister still lives in the West Winds.

My boys are still looking for a good home. They will be 5 months old in the middle of this month. I'm no expert on introductions, but hopefully they are still young enough to take to a new buddy. I rehomed one of my boys a fortnight ago, he was introduced to a pair, and the feedback was positive. They are now happily all sharing.

I don't mean to pressure you, but I am to see my sister in Newtownards, and my Mum in Ballywalter on Thursday. Might work out handy for both of us???

Danielle

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by ginger-ninja Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:07 am

I don't actually live in Newtownards (Although I used to live in the West Winds!). I'm more of an Ards Peninsula dweller, quite close to Ballywalter. Weird! Would it be possible to meet the young 'uns first? I could maybe bring Sully and see how his initial reaction to the sight (obviously not contact) of some different rats would make him react! I don't mind travelling. At least that way I'd know if his initial reaction was aggression and the "glare of death" it probably wouldn't be a good idea!
ginger-ninja
ginger-ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:29 am

A cautious introduction isn't a bad idea.

I'm busy today and tomorrow, travelling on Thursday - but very free Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I don't fancy travelling to Ballywalter twice in one week, but we could do Omagh, or a half way point another day.

My general working week is working long days in Derry on Monday, Tues, and Wednesday, and I'm flexible the rest of the week.

I wonder would a travel and intro work on Thursday, maybe a rattie visit for a few hours while I go into Ballywalter, and you can work with introductions, I'll pick back up after a few hours (2 hours ish), and work out the next step from there?

Can do a similar thing in Omagh or sensible mid point too.

I have a large plastic storage box, with a very open top that may work well for introductions, - lots of hand and arm room for us. I keep a spray water bottle for dog training - may be useful if there's a scuffle.

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:30 am

Hey Ginger, if you are still interested, I'm heading down your way on Friday, could meet you around Belfast?

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down