Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recovering from tail injuries

2 posters

Go down

recovering from tail injuries Empty recovering from tail injuries

Post by OceaneKS Thu May 21, 2015 5:41 am

Hi all!
I just want to share my little experience on tail injury caused by stepping on the tail.
About a week after we got our ratties, I stepped on Sanka's tail (I know... bad bad me...) I felt miserable when I saw that I damaged it (some bones were "naked" at the tip of the tail) but still I couldn't turn to go to the vet to get it cut... I only sprayed antiseptic on it and told my self she'll be okay. Of coyrse, I payed a really careful attention to any sign of infection afterwards. In the end no infection !
And now I am really glad to see that I did well since Sanka has finished "recovering" her full tail ! Month after month the skin grew again over the bones Smile !
That is a little bulshit, I know, but I am so happy to have taken the right decision for that one, also because I consider that it is bad to tell people to get the injured part cut (most french sites do)...
So if it happens to you, maybe think about it Smile !
OceaneKS
OceaneKS

Back to top Go down

recovering from tail injuries Empty Re: recovering from tail injuries

Post by Zoundz Mon May 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Hmm, personally the risk of infection is too great for me to take a chance, I would probably amputate, depending on the fitness of the rat. Having said that it will eventually die and fall off - have never heard of it healing over though! :/

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by OceaneKS Tue May 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Haha Sanka has a great power of regeneration then (like Wolverine wouhou) Grin !
I am sure it healed because I looked to it like daily and saw the whole process (redish new skin and so on...) Smile
OceaneKS
OceaneKS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down