Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Tybalt

3 posters

Go down

RIP Tybalt Empty RIP Tybalt

Post by katherine Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:39 am

I got home after a long trip to find my little mousie was gone. I suspect he probably died before I set off as there was still food in his cage when I put him in the carrier, which is almost unheard of, and I lifted up his nest without poking inside so although I knew he was in there I didn't actually see him. I thought I'd better poke about in his nest when I didn't see him the whole journey and got a whiff of the wrong sort of smell off the carrier several times during the journey Sad

He was absolutely brilliant and I am very sorry to lose him. It's not wholly unexpected as he has been behaving a little oddly lately - staying in his nest for days at a time and sneezing, but we gave him antibiotics and he seemed to recover for a while there Sad We'd had him nearly 6 months and he came to me after he was brought to a colleague who works in wildlife rehabilitation, by a woman who had found him on her patio washing. He was a little nervous at first but it soon became apparent that he was hand tamed in spite of this, and although he didn't like being held or picked up, he loved to run out onto my hand and would sit on my palm or run down my arm. He was such a sweet, pretty and entertaining little thing, and was so easy to keep. I don't normally get animals on the spur of the moment but I'd had a mouse in my mind as a pet for quite some time and I'm really glad this time I just though to go with it. His little mouses palace is arriving tomorrow for him and it's going to seem very empty Cry

At least he's the first animal I've been able to bury and we buried him under a fern in the garden with a rose flower.

I don't have many pictures of him, sadly, and most of them were out of focus because he was so fast.
Here's my favourite:
RIP Tybalt Sdc10815

causing trouble:
RIP Tybalt Sdc11227

RIP Tybalt Sdc10816
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

RIP Tybalt Empty Re: RIP Tybalt

Post by Zoundz Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:56 am

I'm so sorry :*( he was a lovely little thing <3 really very sweet, and he will be much missed. If you're still looking for mice, I can possibly help you find? Smile ((((hug))))

Run free lovely lad Sad

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 am

Ah im sorry Katherine Sad He really had the life of a king in his mousie palace,and was very lucky to live out his days with you Smile He was a the first pet mouse id seen,and he was just a gorgeous,funny,hyper,dashing little character Smile im sure you'l miss him x
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:33 am

Thanks guys Smile I also don't know how old he was tbf, he certainly didn't grow at all while he was with us... except outwards Laugh I'd definitely like to get some more mice, it's something to start thinking about.
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum