Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think Monty's dying

4 posters

Go down

I think Monty's dying Empty I think Monty's dying

Post by katherine Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:48 pm

As above really. My poor boy seemed desperate to come out today and then just lay in my arms for half an hour. I have them on shredded paper which he seemed very unsteady on when I put him back so I popped him on his plammock and held his bottle up to him. He drank about 25 mls in one go and then stayed there for 2 or 3 hours just still with his head over the edge so I was convinced he was going but this evening he's climbed down and gone into his igloo which I'm taking as a good sign, he also seemed interested in the smell of his food when it came although he didn't make any effort to eat any. His heart is going very fast as well, and I don't really know what to think, but it whiffs a bit of kidney failure Sad I'll update more tomorrow.
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

I think Monty's dying Empty Re: I think Monty's dying

Post by smokierat Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Sorry to hear your boy isnt well Sad we're all thinking of you both and keeping everything crossed for Monty x Hes got the best person taking care of him,and is no doubt feeling very loved Love
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Oh gosh Katherine... I so hope he's OK :*( not at home at the moment of course, but I'll try and check FB and here regularly. Let us know how he is <3 (((((((((((hug))))))))))

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:59 pm

So sorry Katherine to hear about Monty. My goodness you are giving him all the love and care and attention he needs at the moment, never underestimate your presence to him at this time, I'm sure he is very much aware of your love and care. Bless him, keeping you and Monty in my thoughts, Steve

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:48 am

Thank you everybody, he's still with us which is a surprise to me really, but hopefully I'm just oversensitive. He hasn't moved much, he stayed in the igloo til this evening. I brought a dish of water to him in there and once he had lapped it up he climbed back up into his plammock and is still there now. He's eating but only when I give him food by the looks of it because he seems absolutely ravenous - he even grabbed my finger with his teeth when I offered him some senior-aid on it, which he never does, but that's a good sign I guess. I've also left a tomato slice up there with him for moisture because I'm guessing he's just not getting to his food bowl or water bottles. Other than that he's been asleep all day.
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum