Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year..

4 posters

Go down

Happy New Year.. Empty Happy New Year..

Post by katherine Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:57 pm

..To all you beautiful people in rattie land Kiss

Thought I'd (try to) start a fun new years post so:

What are everyone's big memories of 2011? Was it overall good or bad and what are your hopes/expectations for the new year? Confused

This year has been a rat filled year for me, Looking back on it tonight I realised that I have gained 6 rats and lost 4 so some real ups and downs. I've also moved and changed jobs. So I'm a bit apprehensive but staying positive Wink
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year.. Empty Re: Happy New Year..

Post by smokierat Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:25 am

Oh this is a good one Katherine Smile
First of all Happy New Year everyone Smile i hope everyone and all their ratties have a happy and healthy 2012 Smile
Well its been a ratty year alright Laugh
We had to say Goodbye to two of our gang Sad and went through all those vet trips,ops,became accomplished at hiding meds Wink and have gotten to know our rats as they have gotten older,a bittersweet experience,definatly a deeper bond,more cuddles Love but of course the inevitable slowing down that comes with it.And of course we got our Tuffy back Grin one of the original two that we found homes for out of Smokies suprise litter, i was very happy with her home,i know she had so much love and care there but i cant say how happy we are to have her back with us where she belongs,she is a special little girl Love and so is the ever gorgeous Nibblet,her cage mate that came with her Love we only found that home for her because we really werent set up for more.But now we are Grin this year saw us collect even more rattie stuff to the point where now,we have a rattie room upstairs dedicated to their stuff,as well as under the stairs and of course they are in the sitting room with us!
We further grew our rattie clan by another two-Pixie and Willow our lovely Bongo Fury girls Big Grin That fit in so perfectly with our mad gang Laugh and we had the lovelyness of having babies again!
I couldnt imagine life without our rattie clan,and it newest members are such a part of it now it feels like they have always been with us Smile my girls who have left us will always be a part of it too xXx
We are also awaiting two very gorgeous additions to our rattie clan quite soon Big Grin Cant wait!
So im hoping and wishing for health and happiness for our gang,and that we make the most of the time we have with all of them,and that sentiment is also for all my loved ones and all of yours too rattie people Smile i want to say a big thank you to everyone on the forum,people have been so nice,supportive,giving advice and empathy and everything else entertaining and funny here Tongue
Im getting deeper than i thought Tongue Embarrassed
On a different note,its been my third year working where i am now and while i love the work the environment is doing my head in so maybe this year il get a bit braver and come across a new oppertunity Confused
I also got engaged Kiss but recognise and am fine with the fact that i play second fiddle to gorgeous Smokie,the real love of his life Love
Happy New Year everyone!
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:05 am

You got engaged!!!! When did this happen? Massive congratulations to you and Eoghan Grin
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:09 am

EEEEEEEEE! When did you get engaged? Grin Why did we not know about this!? Was it recent? Grin

Happy New Year everyone!

This year has been much better than the 8 previous years! I didn't nearly die ;D and Karl and I finally got married and had an amazing wedding with some of our greatest friends <3 Smile Of course, I married my best friend, what more could I ask for?

We've had a few ups and downs, still no work, and money is tight, but it could be worse. Of course we've had a few little blips (no year would be complete without!) - we had our car KO'd by some numpty in Cork, and Dudley smashed one of the windows just before Christmas! However, generally, no floods, no hospital trips, no serious illness or worry!

Rat wise we've had 3 litters this year, all of them fab - and we've had a few new arrivals from other breeders. We've lost many of course, each one gravely missed. In the wider family we lost our beloved family Labrador, Chuck, last January at the age of 12... and then found a new friend in the fabulous Enzo who joined us at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. We also had a fab experience with fostering lovely Freda - who has now gone to a more permanent foster. Hopefully she will find a lovely home soon.

The coming year will be interesting, some exciting matings planned, and also a lot of saving to be done if we're to make our goal of Gambia in 2013 Smile New Years resolutions =

• LOSE WEIGHT! Finally plan on it!
  • READ MORE - just generally. Have been pretty lax this year to be honest.
  • TRY TO KEEP MY HOUSE CLEAN! My house is always a skip - am determined to make it nice!

Happy New Year one and all!Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:43 am

well, 2011 has been very nice to me. first having my partner in crime moving in with me (and then finally getting a bigger house) Big Grin

The arrival of Ted, Jack and Dougal (who turned out to be Shiva) and the anxious waiting to find out if she was preggers or not (which she wasn't!, YAY!!! Tongue )

Then the arrival of Bubbles, to keep Shiva company and add to the general rattiness, cages, digging boxes, free ranging and treats for whisker kisses.

A trip to the vet with Bubbles after finding out she had a bit of a wheeze, then she wouldn't take her medicine unless I mixed it with cream (which made a bit of a pudgy but wheeze free little ratty for a bit) Laugh Ever tried force feeding a rat? Then you know that 90% of what you are trying to feed will end up on you and your clothes (or armor, if you want to prevent the ratty scratches)

Having been without those fur-buts for a good 15 years it became evident what I was missing Laugh

All in all a good year and ending up with 4 healthy ratties who are absolutely bonkers and we love them to bits Love

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:25 am

Thanks guys Smile yes recent,since November really but didnt tell anyone til i could tell my mom in person and that wasnt untill Christmas Day Grin so the two families know,the girls in work cuz they saw the ring and now ye Smile
If i had made resolutions they would be the exact same as yours Laura Laugh they are my general goals at the moment but am only looking forward to the reading more one!
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:44 am

PARTY?! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 am

Well night out anyway Wink
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down