Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The hamster who thinks she's a rat

3 posters

Go down

The hamster who thinks she's a rat Empty The hamster who thinks she's a rat

Post by GillianK Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:30 am

Sue is one of my robo hamsters, and she is absolutely convinced she's a rat! Peggy her little robo hamster friend doesn't go near my rats, but not Sue! Yesterday she sat on Blanche's (the white rat) back and promptly began to groom! Dorothy (the hooded rat) has only just entered our family and doesn't know what to think. All I know is Blanche is MUCH more tolerant of Sue than she is Dorothy! And none of them are tolerant of being told they must sit nicely together for the camera!

The hamster who thinks she's a rat Dsc_0210
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

The hamster who thinks she's a rat Empty Re: The hamster who thinks she's a rat

Post by Catz Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:54 am

Very cute picture Love
I would be very careful though. A rat could kill a little hammy in a matter of seconds. I never allow animals of different species to interact as I feel something bad may happen. We have rats, hammies, a ferret and a dog here but we never allow them to meet.
Catz
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:08 am

Oh yes I totally agree. I don't as a rule allow them to run around together. But I happened to be cleaning the hamster cage yesterday and Blanche and Dorothy were running around and Sue popped out of her cage and went to them. Blanche is so laid back she didn't seem to mind! So thought I'd grab a quick photo, whilst they were together. But no, the hamsters have their own cage and the rats theirs and don't usually meet like this.
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 am

Sweet photo - but yes, so try your utmost to keep them apart always - it only takes a second for a rat to butcher a hamster, and believe me - they will as soon as they build up enough interest.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down