Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little worried, but not sure what about.

4 posters

Go down

A little worried, but not sure what about. Empty A little worried, but not sure what about.

Post by redrach Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:50 am

I've been a little worried about one of my girls for a few days now, but I can't put my finger on any real symptoms.
She seems to have lost a little weight (haven't weighed recently so can't confirm), she's a little more cuddly than usual and she's also been scratching a bit but no sign of visible bugs- perhaps a mite flare up. I've treated tonight with beapher spot on to see if that helps and she had Albie's soft food as a treat.
She's also had the odd sneeze the past week, but it seems to be doing the rounds at the minute, and her breathing sounds fine and it's not frequent.
Other than that she seems pretty happy, I just sort of have a feeling she's a little under the weather.
Any ideas?
She's 14 months, if that's any help.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

A little worried, but not sure what about. Empty Re: A little worried, but not sure what about.

Post by katherine Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 am

No idea, but I would trust your instinct. It might be worth having the vet check her over, definitely you're doing the right thing keeping an eye on it and giving more food. Has she lost any weight?
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

A little worried, but not sure what about. Empty Re: A little worried, but not sure what about.

Post by Zoundz Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 am

No advice, apart from to watch her and call the vet if you think she's really not right. All the best for her.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks guys.
My vets are good enough, but I usually come with info & medicine advice that i've read on forums so I don't want to waste money on the consultation fee if I have nothing to contribute, because I doubt they'd really know, especially if there's no obvious symptoms.
I'll keep an eye on her.
As I say, she seems mostly happy enough and isn't off her food or anything, so maybe it's just in my head. Will keep an eye on her.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:08 am

Still worried about Shu ):
I weighed her tonight and she's 303g. Last time I weighed her was in July and she was 312g. Her lowest was 303g at about 4 months old.
She seems a little scrawny so i'm making a point of feeding her up for the next week or so to see how she gets on.
The girls are all a little odd at the minute, tonight they wouldn't even come out for freerange and the past 2 times they were out I had to put them back early 'cause they all hid in the shoe tidy thing.. Any ideas? They're still seeming happy and bouncy, but they all seem to be a bit more shy than usual..?
The rest are all looking healthy weight wise.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 am

this is her tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg0fLPvY-Xk&feature=youtu.be
maybe i'm just going crazy, she does look like she has a little belly in that.
i dunno ):
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lew Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:31 am

She looks quite healthy to me in that video. She certainly seems to have a good appetite.
Lew
Lew
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 am

She looks pretty good to me too. If you're really worried go to the vet, but to be honest, I don't think they'd have any idea what was wrong, more than you do. Since all of them are acting a bit weird, is it possible that something in the environment is bothering them? Perhaps nextdoor (or another flat if you're in flats) has a rodent scaring plug in? Or maybe there's a wild animal outside somewhere? Just ideas... ?

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:24 pm

We're in a 3rd floor apartment so that pretty much rules out any ground level animals such as other rats or foxes. & for the same reason i doubt the person beside or below has anything plugged in. Plus, the boys are in the same room and same as usual. The only thing that's changed is the boy's using vetbed. I'm clueless ):
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down