Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fella lookin for rats an mice

5 posters

Go down

fella lookin for rats an mice  Empty fella lookin for rats an mice

Post by carol Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 am

i was looking on dundeal an came across a man looking for mice and rats so me being me texd and asked him what he wanted them for sayin i had some an mite be intrested in leting them go 2 see wat answer id get back, so he told me he has a set up 4 them if i got his meaning Shocked Shocked an he works in a pet shop and breeds for his shop Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil ,, there must be a shortage on pet shop food if they advitisin for rats an mice Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

carol

Back to top Go down

fella lookin for rats an mice  Empty Re: fella lookin for rats an mice

Post by Zoundz Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:10 am

Ugh - thanks for the heads up. I had an e-mail off someone recently who I told to shove it.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by carol Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 am

this fella in wexford his name dylan

carol

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Aw not good. I know if I had rat babies I'd be careful they only went to pet homes. BUT what he's doing isn't awful, lots of people own snakes etc which need to eat rats/mice in order to survive at all ... Surely?
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Of course, no problem with it really speaking - far prefer it to buying mass produced 'battery farmed' type frozen food rats... buuut, my big issue is with them also trying to break into the pet market, selling to petshops, on gumtree/donedeal etc, and also trying to get well bred rats subversively to breed bigger, healthier rats for petshops and snake food. Sorry - that drives me *insane*.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:57 am

Yeah I see what you mean. He should be clear from the beginning what he wanted the rats for at any rate.
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 am

I think I got a call from the guy you're talking about. He asked if I had any of the kittens left and when I said I was still screening potential buyers he asked if I'd think about holding him a male and female Confused I told him I only gave them in same sex pairs and he was talking about how he had a barn for them. I just said I had a lot of names but I'd keep him in mind....I honestly don't plan to. It seemed shady to me. There's another guy (Jason48 I think is his e-mail?) who has e-mailed me several times asking for a female to breed with his male. I'm not sure why people think that's okay. I've pretty much interrogated every person who's asked for one of Kitty's babies and I'm still iffy in case they're lying to me. I kept reptiles (still have my beardie) but I was always very cautious to keep ones that would only need live bugs. I wouldn't feel right feeding rats or mice to them, but it's just a personal thing. I can appreciate a love of reptiles, they're beautiful in their own way.
Babs
Babs

Back to top Go down

Post by carol Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 am

i still have his texs he says in one of them he looking 2 put new blood lines in his rats ,

carol

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:04 pm

If anyone would like to pm me e-mail addresses and phone numbers and names of dodgy or suspected dodgy people - I would be most grateful - we're always being hounded (and lied to) by people like this.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:52 pm

It is so important these days to be very vigilant and careful when dealing with people on the other end of the phone, email, or add. There are some rogue traders out there who would use any scam to get a few rats, and you will never really find out what their real intentions are. Keep asking the questions, or if you suspect something amiss, don't just answer email or text, or phone call, or message. The great tragedy is that they will go elsewhere. But be vigilant is always good in situations like these. Steve

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down