Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MALLOW PET EXPO - fundraiser - everyone please read!

+2
smokierat
Zoundz
6 posters

Go down

MALLOW PET EXPO - fundraiser - everyone please read! Empty MALLOW PET EXPO - fundraiser - everyone please read!

Post by Zoundz Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Hello all,

This is a long shot, but worth asking I thought. We have a possible stand at Mallow Pet Expo at the end of June. It's a really positive thing for the club, as it will mean serious promotion of our beloved pets, and a good chance to show people the right way to do things, and get them interested in rats. We will have rats there too of course, and would be delighted for *any* on the day help with speaking to the public and explaining things, plus also rat handling.

The downside is the cost. I have had words with the nice people at Pet Expo, and have been offered a massively reduced rats of €200 + VAT (as this is the cost to them of putting the stall up). Still though, as a very small club with no real way of making funds at the moment, we simply can't afford that (certainly, it would mean Karl and I paying for it as individuals, which we really can't afford). Basically, is anyone interested in donating to this cause? It seems a tall order to me for us to be asking for donations, but at the moment, and with such short notice, I can see no other way.

If anyone has any ideas, or can offer anything at all, please reply here! Smile

Laura.
xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

MALLOW PET EXPO - fundraiser - everyone please read! Empty Re: MALLOW PET EXPO - fundraiser - everyone please read!

Post by smokierat Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 am

I think it could be brilliant Smile show people an alternative to petshops,show case how cute ratties really are as so many people have 'ideas and don't actually know what they even really look like....count us in to help any way we can Grin
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

MALLOW PET EXPO - fundraiser - everyone please read! Empty Re: MALLOW PET EXPO - fundraiser - everyone please read!

Post by Zoundz Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:32 am

This will definitely go ahead - we have funds covered for now, but we always need donations for this sort of thing, as we'd like to get more of it going on! Smile Please think of us if you want to donate to anyone, and we are in the process of setting up an account for it all.

Meanwhile, we will be at Mallow Pet Expo all weekend, Fri, Sat and Sun, so please come along and say hi, help out etc etc.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Would be nice to know if anyone else plans to come along and say hi! Smile let me know if you're coming.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraBloo Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 pm

I wish I could! Bit too far/short notice. Didn't even realise these things existed in Ireland Laugh
It is it an annual thing?
SaraBloo
SaraBloo
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:56 am

Yep! Though this is the first year it's been in Cork. We will *hopefully* be doing the one in Punchestown, near Dublin (Kildare) in October!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:56 am

This weekend? Goddamn it! Roll Eyes I know its a dumb thing to say without a time frame but nevertheless I will definitely donate some funds to our lil club when I have some to spare!
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirodoragon Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Id be willing to help in any shape or form, what day is it on? (have previous engagement sat) other then that I'm game, what do you need help with? (need to know asap if its something that would require time also feel free to add my IMs if I'm not round here)

Thanks Smile
Shirodoragon
Shirodoragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Well, even just dropping in for a bit to say hi, chat to people and discuss what great pets rats make. You can give us as much or as little time as you like, on any day! Smile Would be lovely to meet you!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liathium Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:43 pm

I'm most likely going to be there on Friday c: Is anyone bringing their pets with them? I mean, is it like a show?
Liathium
Liathium

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 pm

It's not like a show, in terms of we'll not be judging rats etc, but we are taking a few of our guys along every day to meet and greet the public! Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liathium Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:04 am

Zoundz wrote:It's not like a show, in terms of we'll not be judging rats etc, but we are taking a few of our guys along every day to meet and greet the public! Smile

xx

That's what I meant - meet and greet. That's great!
Liathium
Liathium

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 am

Was lovely to meet you yesterday! Grin Sorry we didn't chat for long, it was quite busy!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:10 am

PICS!
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down