Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betty is getting bullied

2 posters

Go down

Betty is getting bullied Empty Betty is getting bullied

Post by GillianK Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:31 am

I have 4 approx 18 month old female rats, I am concerned about one of them - Betty - as she has cuts on her back. I sometimes hear bickering but nothing ever came of it but now I'm seeing these big cuts. I'm not sure what to do? Is this something which will sort itself out in time or do I have to seperate?
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Betty is getting bullied Empty Re: Betty is getting bullied

Post by Zoundz Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:20 am

I would say you need to watch and see if you can work out why it's happening and who seems to be doing it. Can you completely rule out parasites? It doesn't sound like parasites to me, but it's worth mentioning.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:45 pm

I've checked her and apart from the cuts looks no different from the other rats, seems completely clean. She couldn't be doing it to herself either as with 2 of the cuts, it wouldn't be possible. I always thought Betty was top dog so to speak. So confused about this behavior from her sisters. She seems to be at odds with Elsie a lot so wondering if Elsie is fighting for position, but considering none of the other rats have a single scratch on them, it doesn't sound so much like Betty is fighting back. :-( Not sure what to make of it.
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down