Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been a while!

3 posters

Go down

It's been a while! Empty It's been a while!

Post by redrach Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:02 am

Hi everyone!

If you've been here a while you'll hopefully remember me!

I moved to Bristol last Sept to start my MA, but unfortunately had a horrendous time with housing and ended up re-homing all of my rats. Some got homes quickly and some were in Rat Out of Hell Rescue for a while. They were all homed within a few months but a few of the new homes didn't wish to stay in contact with me. It's been a long and difficult process, heartbreaking at times, hence why I stopped posting and visiting this site. One home have been amazing and still let me visit regularly, which has been amazing. Now only Branflake, Rincewinde and Schuster are still living, each in separate homes.

But, my real news is that I move home to NI at the end of May! My OH and I have talked about rats and decided that next time we get some we will do a few things differently- one gender, smaller numbers, etc. We are going to wait a few months before we get any, but I am hoping by 2014 we will have some new ratties in our lives, because they have been SO sorely missed. For now it looks like we'll just be looking out for rats in need of a good home- pet shops are out of the question for us, and I think Cork is just a little bit too far.

So that's all, just wanted to re-introduce myself and say hi again.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

It's been a while! Empty Re: It's been a while!

Post by smokierat Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 am

I cant imagine what it must have been like to say goodbye to your guys Cry But at least you have something to look forward to Smile
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 am

It'll be good to have you back Smile

Good luck finding some ratties - of course, you might think about going to Scotland? Smile there are reasonable ferry links from Belfast of course, and there are some very good breeders in Scotland Smile
xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:06 am

Thanks Zoundz.

I hadn't thought about Scotland actually. I'm not sure how possible it would be though as I really don't enjoy the boat at all and I'm not allowed to drive at the minute for medical reasons. But it is something to consider.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum