Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

male either wanted or for rehoming

2 posters

Go down

male either wanted or for rehoming Empty male either wanted or for rehoming

Post by rattiesrock84 Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 am

Hi.

I had a rattie death last week and now his cagemate has been left alone. I have been round adoption centres and been looking online for a cagemate for him. He is definitely very unhappy at the moment as he loves to play and run round with friends.However he is also a very large man so I don't want to risk getting 2 babies in case he would harm them when playing. He's a rex rat who I bought because I felt sorry for him as he was left alone in pets at home a year ago and was fully grown at the time and felt I could add him in with my other rats. He moved in with them no problem but as they were older they have since died of cancers/ strokes etc.

I would either like to find a male rat of approx 1/1.5 years old that I could introduce to him. Failing this I would be willing to give him away as much as it would break my heart if I felt he would have a happier life with some buddies.

He is a healthy big rat. He sneezes every now and again but I took him to vets who assured me it was nothing other than hay fever and they could hear nothing from his lungs or see any other signs of illness. They did give him an antihistamine which stopped it but it came back shortly after (think he might have hay fever as he sneezes when I do)

rattiesrock84

Back to top Go down

male either wanted or for rehoming Empty Re: male either wanted or for rehoming

Post by Zoundz Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:50 am

Sneezing I wouldn't worry about unduly unless there are other symptoms Smile it could be stress related or allergy related, or even just normal sneezing Smile some do it more than others Smile

It would be a real shame for you to let him go Sad if you need to though, there are plenty of people who can help I'm quite sure. I am more than happy to take him in here - but judging by you saying Pets At Home - I'm guessing you're in NI? Smile

Fingers crossed you find some rats for company for him - I would honestly advise two younger lads though, things usually are fine between them Smile not too young obviously, but about 10 weeks is good Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rattiesrock84 Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:04 am

Yeah I'm Northern Ireland. I just feel like he's very depressed. He is even more anxious of me at the moment and he's normally my wee boisterous man. Am letting him run round outside of the cage when i'm in house and playing loads of wee games with him to try and fulfill him more but I feel really guilty that I sleep 7 hours a night and work 9 hrs a day. Sorta feel like he will just hide from every noise etc that whole time. Will keep an eye out for a week or so longer for one his age. Have gave my details to all animal sanctuarys in the area and told them to also let me know if anyone else happens to get in touch with a similar query. Lol thank you anyway!

rattiesrock84

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:58 pm

I wish I could offer more help - but I couldn't really be further away Sad

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rattiesrock84 Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:02 pm

No thank you. I don't know many rat lovers so even just having a wee rant helped Smile xx

rattiesrock84

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down