Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boarding in Dublin & Rats on Trains

4 posters

Go down

Boarding in Dublin & Rats on Trains Empty Boarding in Dublin & Rats on Trains

Post by DJF Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:27 am

Sarah from Sarah's Pet Boarding who took such great care of my girls when I took a trip recently is unfortunately booked up for Christmas.

Does anyone know of other small pet boarding services in Dublin?

If not, I reckon the girls will be having a country Christmas in Tipperary, which involves a train journey. I get a little stressed by these things. What have your experiences of rats on trains been?
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Boarding in Dublin & Rats on Trains Empty Re: Boarding in Dublin & Rats on Trains

Post by Zoundz Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:41 am

I take rats (or have taken rats) on trains, buses, boats... all are fine Smile I say have a good cat carrier, or similar, and a holdall that it will fit into snugly, then you can just have the flap open for the journey, and seal it up if you need to Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boarding in Dublin & Rats on Trains Empty Re: Boarding in Dublin & Rats on Trains

Post by DJF Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:08 am

We survived the train. The girls were as good as gold. I took your suggestion on board Zoundz and popped their carrier in a hold all. Once settled on the train, I put them on the ground between my feet and opened out the flap of the hold all. Not so much as a squeak from them.

When down in Tipperary, they had a blast exploring my old room which is a converted attic. And now, I have a temporary cage installed in Tipperary for future visits!

Now I have done it once, there is nothing stopping me doing it again. I imagined it would be stressful on all six of us, but nope, not at all!
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:52 am

Guessed it'd be fine! Rats travel really well mostly! Grin
xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:11 am

Glad it went well Smile think it helps that they can all just cuddle up together and snooze the journey away Smile
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by eoghan Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:29 am

The sisterhood of the travelling holdall!
eoghan
eoghan
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down