Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loan of a small cage for introductions?

2 posters

Go down

Loan of a small cage for introductions? Empty Loan of a small cage for introductions?

Post by soulphish Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi, I'm getting 2 new girls this week, and want to introduce them to my current 4.

Hopefully the introductions could get done in the same day I get the girls, but just in case, I would like to have a small cage to be able to keep the newbies in over night if it came down to it (instead of leaving them in a carrier over night - not cool).

It would also be nice to have some neutral ground for them to stay in for a while while they introduce themselves, like a new small cage. It also means we don't have to take their current cage apart to make it small for them.

I can collect it Wednesday, especially if it is near to the N7, or in Limerick or Dublin.

Also, if anyone is selling one cheap, might be better than spending the petrol to return it, Haha  Wink 
soulphish
soulphish

Back to top Go down

Loan of a small cage for introductions? Empty Re: Loan of a small cage for introductions?

Post by Zoundz Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:52 pm

I would consider buying one, it's likely to be very helpful if rats need to be kept apart for any reason (surgery etc), and also it's advisable to take introductions slowly, which means you'll need somewhere for them to live in the interim. Added to which, if they are young and/or undernourished, you will need to keep them apart for a while to feed them up Smile

I might have something, can be sure off the top of my head, think most of what I have is only really big cages. I do have one very small cage, but reckon it'd be too small. Will have to have a dig about and see what I've got!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Loan of a small cage for introductions? Empty Re: Loan of a small cage for introductions?

Post by soulphish Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm

That would be awesome!! Thank you!

I figured buying one would be best, but on such short notice, I can't order one online, which means buying from a pet shop, which means way over priced.
soulphish
soulphish

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Not sure what I have at the moment, have a feeling everything is either too small or too big :/  Roll Eyes  but I will have a look for you. Mind you, we're in Cork, which may not be overly helpful.

You might think about Adverts.ie and Donedeal? See if anyone is selling a big hamster cage? Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by soulphish Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:56 am

We decided to get one online, and get it delivered, but even with the 2 day delivery, it wasn't due here until Thursday. Plus with post and packaging, it ended up the same price as one in Petmania. So we are just going to go into the store tomorrow morning and grab one. No harm in having a spare! might even try and combine the two cages in time.

Thanks though!  Grin 
soulphish
soulphish

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:06 pm

No problem! Grin Saves me having to dig through all the cages here! XD

Hope you get a good one! Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by soulphish Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Just got it now. Got a Critter 2. We'll just set it up so that its only one level though.
soulphish
soulphish

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:37 am

Critter 2 is a lovely cage Smile I have a couple here Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by soulphish Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:47 am

Ya, Critters are great! I have a Critter 3 as the current cage.
soulphish
soulphish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down