Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody got any experience trapping small mammals??

4 posters

Go down

Anybody got any experience trapping small mammals?? Empty Anybody got any experience trapping small mammals??

Post by katherine Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:32 am

After taking a reasonably relaxed attitude to my mice breaking their way out of their cage on regular intervals, I found one roaming out of the rodent room (in my laundry basket) Shocked and so am revoking their free range privileges before one of the cats gets her. I've ordered a tank, but have noooo idea how I'm going to get the 2 free ranging girls. Does anyone have any tips (I'm going to see if I can borrow a small mammal trap) on catching mice humanely?  Confused 
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Anybody got any experience trapping small mammals?? Empty Re: Anybody got any experience trapping small mammals??

Post by smokierat Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:27 am

oh i hope you can catch them soon for their sake silly things!nothing mind blowing to add really,just try with the humane trap and some nice food- the only food they can get to.And maybe just bait it for a day or so,so they trust it and then 'set' it
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Anybody got any experience trapping small mammals?? Empty Re: Anybody got any experience trapping small mammals??

Post by Zoundz Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:35 pm

What Grace said - good luck!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 am

Thanks, will keep you updated Smile
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Wee rascals. Hope you get them!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:34 am

A bit late (I'm terrible keeping up these days Embarrassed ) didn't need to trap them in the end, they were all in the bigger cage so I just transferred them to their little tank .. feel so mean Sad but not much I can do about it. On the upside I think the boys definitely appreciate their room back to free range in.

Here they are in their little tank, anyway
Anybody got any experience trapping small mammals?? Img_2010
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down