Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for one or two young male non-neutered rats

4 posters

Go down

Looking for one or two young male non-neutered rats Empty Looking for one or two young male non-neutered rats

Post by saoili Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:45 am

We took over care of two male rats, about a year and half old, recently. One of them passed away shortly afterwards and we got another male, four months old, to keep the remaining older rat company. We were in the process of getting them used to each other, but unfortunately the vet has recommended that the second older rat also be put down, as his lungs are failing Sad. We are hoping to find one or two more young male rats to keep our new one company.

saoili

Back to top Go down

Looking for one or two young male non-neutered rats Empty Re: Looking for one or two young male non-neutered rats

Post by Zoundz Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:19 pm

The vet wants to put down a four month old rat because of failing lungs? Has the vet tried any medication? I would be inclined to find a new vet.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Looking for one or two young male non-neutered rats Empty Re: Looking for one or two young male non-neutered rats

Post by saoili Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Sorry I wasn't clearer. It was the second of the original two rats that was put down. Close to two years old.

saoili

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Ahh - my mistake! Smile Good luck with your search in any case, I only have older rescue males here at the moment.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by saoili Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:57 pm

I should have updated this thread, we got a couple of adorable rats from Dani who mentioned them on another thread. Introductions are going well, hoping to have them all permanently together in the big cage soon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155099948755644&set=a.10150254867200644.527860.792085643&type=1&source=11

saoili

Back to top Go down

Post by dani. Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:45 am

Glad things are going well, love the picture Smile

So proud of my boys Smile

dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by saoili Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:53 am

They've been all together in the big cage for about nine hours now, so I think we're good. Thanks again Dani.

saoili

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:15 am

Glad this is working out,hope they are best buds by now Smile
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down