Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hero Rats

+3
smokierat
Zoundz
bikerwitch
7 posters

Go down

Hero Rats  Empty Hero Rats

Post by bikerwitch Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:11 am

I really wanted to share this with all you Rat lovers. My partner was telling me about the Mine detection rats that operate in Africa to give people their lands back and saving plenty of lives in the long run. the rats are African Pouched Rats that are trained for detection of land mines they are so light they cannot set off the land mines so they dont get hurt Smile . the rats are treated humanly and enjoy their work as they get lots of treats when they find a Mine or perform their tasks. The company was set up by a dutch guy who is Rat crazy and wanted to save peoples lives. They now work on detecting TB and also they are working on rats to climb into Buildings that have collapsed due to Earthquakes or other national disasters to help find people so they can be rescued. here is the link its and interesting read. http://www.apopo.org/home.php?lang=en
Rats can save our lives in many ways not just by making us happy and being our Friends Smile
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Hero Rats  Empty Re: Hero Rats

Post by Zoundz Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:54 am

Aren't they wonderful? I've loved Gambians for a long time, and this work they do always makes me think they're extra special! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:12 am

Rats Rock Big Grin
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Never ceases to amaze me about the potential of rats to do extraordinary things. They are such lovely creatures with millions of years of evolution and engineering behind them, no wonder they are such wonderful creatures, with such fine tuning. It is such a pity that for some people they are to be avoided at all costs. I do believe rats will have their day. Projects like this are a wonderful showcase for the cause of rats. Steve

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lew Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:41 am

They had some of the Hero Rats at the London Championships a couple of years back.

Hero Rats  0005

Apologies for the sunburned head; it was very sunny that day and I stayed too long in the beer garden at the local pub that lunchtime. Embarrassed
Lew
Lew
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:25 am

Hehe! Great pic! <3

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:09 am

I told David about the hero rats and he started saying "Thats just sick and cruel, how can you support that?" and I was so confused until I realised he thought the rats were heavy enough to set off the mines and they were senting out rats to be blown up so the soliders were safe Laugh
As if we would all say YAY to that Tongue
Catz
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerwitch Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Catz wrote:I told David about the hero rats and he started saying "Thats just sick and cruel, how can you support that?" and I was so confused until I realised he thought the rats were heavy enough to set off the mines and they were senting out rats to be blown up so the soliders were safe Laugh
As if we would all say YAY to that Tongue

never will i ever say YaY to animal cruelty especially in rats i was horrified to see the amount rat cruelty that had happened to them on you tube Any ones i see i report them as they the cruelest *bleep* ever. they should be sued and put on trial and made do prison sentence.

as for our hero Rats they are well looked after and the guy who set it up loves rats of all shapes and sizes Smile he has alot of passion for his hero's and they can work when they want
I think they are Brilliant
tell David not to worry this will help the rats get more respect now that they can save millions of lives with his know. Rats are Amazing creatures and more stories like this will help the world to be rat friendly and not to be so scared of them when they lick you Tongue Love Smile Wink

*Edited for language: please remember that this forum may be used by children*
bikerwitch
bikerwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:53 pm

We support the hero rats and have adopted Ziko via http://www.apopo.org/adoptarat.php?lang=en Smile

Now whenever our boys and girls get a bit out of line we say "You should be ashamed of yourself! What would your cousin Ziko say? he works for his food and so should you, now get that ironing done and hover the stairs, only then I will reconsider giving you another yoghurt drop"

Somehow the are not impressed Grin

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down