Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just showing off my ratties

+2
Catz
Babs
6 posters

Go down

Just showing off my ratties  Empty Just showing off my ratties

Post by Babs Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:18 am

Basil smelling the flowers.

Just showing off my ratties  Basil2-1

Toby, my only dumbo male, sleeping all curled up like a kitten.

Just showing off my ratties  Newrats013

Scrabble taking on Red Skull.

Just showing off my ratties  CaptainRatmerica144

Scrabble doing tricks on youtube to his cheesy music!

My hairless girl, Donna. She sadly passed away when she was very young.

Just showing off my ratties  Rats012

Just showing off my ratties  Rats2006

Just showing off my ratties  Rats2001

Jess, my dumbo girl when she was a baby, who practically buzzes with personality.

Just showing off my ratties  Rats2012

And Buffy, sniffing the same flowers that fascinated Basil.

Just showing off my ratties  Untitled

And I think everyone has already seen Kitty, with her babies and all, but here she is when SHE was a baby. All teeny and adorbs. Just showing off my ratties  Rats024
Babs
Babs

Back to top Go down

Just showing off my ratties  Empty Re: Just showing off my ratties

Post by Catz Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 am

Nice Ratties.. love the flower pictures..
I recognise your video from DoneDeal.. be careful to vet anyone who contacts you through that ad, Done Deal is full of sneaky feeder breeders Wink
Catz
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 am

Thanks Grin

I've had an unbelievable amount of calls from people looking for the babies. I've been interrogating all of them, so far demand outweighs supply but I'd rather it stay that way for the time being. More people to choose from! I've got two veterinary nurses looking for three girls each, so they're the only ones I know for definite are going to get some.

I have a ton of cages anyway, so I don't mind holding on to the babies until someone I deem worthy of them comes along!
Babs
Babs

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Aww they're cute! Some of them look like such tiny scraps when you got them though Sad still with tiny baby fur Sad

Do be careful with homing - I would issue a strict no breeding contract too. Really do be careful homing via done-deal - I would never advertise that way myself. It's rather telling I guess that you've had weigh more demand than you have babies, and we regularly only just scrape by with enough people to home ours! I would imagine a number of people who've contacted you are probably not with best intentions!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Do you think they might have been too young when I got them? I had my suspicions, though the guy I got them from was very nice, I never got to see any parent rats and he brought a ton of babies in from his shed in little tupperware containers. At the time these were my first rats, so I just kind of assumed he was the only rat breeder going until I discovered donedeal and the Irish Rat Club. It might explain why some of them are still so tiny. Jess never really grew much past that teeny baby stage, but I don't mind because I love her, she's such a sweetheart. After that I never bought any other rats from him, though. I just took in rescues and the like.

Is there any other way to advertise that you know of? I only have a couple of people I know I'll definitely home to, the rest that are on my "maybe" list I'm still exchanging texts and e-mails with. One person who contacted me asked for a male and a female because they're interested in starting their own business. As if that would prompt me to give them a male and female! Not to mention they'd be inbred. Confused
Babs
Babs

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Aw your little babies are so cute! I saw your donedeal ad, and I love the daddy rat doing his tricks! Fabulous. :-)
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Hehe, thank you ^_^ Scrabble is my homeboy. The funny thing is, he's about a year old, possibly older, and I just got him before Christmas as a rescue. A lot of people told me you can't teach them things if you don't start from when they're babies, but I only started teaching him a few weeks ago and now he knows a ton of tricks. He is a fine example of a rat! Big Grin
Babs
Babs

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 am

With advertising it's never easy - it's OK to advertise through donedeal if you're good at weeding out morons... but if you're worried that some will slip through the net, then I wouldn't. Advertise on here by all means Smile And wherever you advertise, do make sure people fill out application forms and suchlike, to be sure that they're being kept properly.

There's nothing per-se wrong with inbreeding... it's a very effective tool for improving health and longevity, provided it is done correctly. However, anyone 'wanting to start their own business' is to be avoided at all costs. The only business I can even think of is snake food! Sad

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:20 am

They're gorgeous Grin
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:08 am

Your ratties are lovely Smile that one of them looking at the flowers is beautiful Love
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down