Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like another old man ratty with HLD :(

5 posters

Go down

Looks like another old man ratty with HLD :( Empty Looks like another old man ratty with HLD :(

Post by redrach Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:44 am

So the past few weeks I've been wondering if Chandler's been starting to show signs of HLD too. He's in the retirement cage with Albie, but goes into the regular cage for 2-3 hours a day. His walking seems to be going a little like Albie's went at the beginning, like he's just not lifting his legs that high and it's starting to look like a shuffle. Tonight he's also using one hand for balance and only eating with one. He seems okay and is happy enough. He's definitely been more cuddly since they moved into the retirement cage. Hopefully it's as slow progressing as Albie's hld.
Sucks that it seems he'll be like Albie eventually.
My poor boys Cry
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Looks like another old man ratty with HLD :( Empty Re: Looks like another old man ratty with HLD :(

Post by smokierat Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:56 am

Love
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Looks like another old man ratty with HLD :( Empty Re: Looks like another old man ratty with HLD :(

Post by Zoundz Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:54 am

Sad HLD is a miserable thing - but many if not most rats get on really well with it. (((hug)))

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Sorry to hear that. Hoping its not that and if it is, he'll be comfortable with it for a long time to come.
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks guys. I'm sure Albie's teaching him all about it. As long as it's slow progressing we'll manage, just sad. Silly boys.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 am

Poor Chandler seems to be progressing a good bit faster than oul Albie has. His shuffle has steadily gotten worse in the past few days. I wouldn't be too surprised if he was in Albie's condition within a few weeks, even though it took Albie several months. Sad
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Sad ((((hug))))

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

oh dear Sad at least it doesn't seem to affect their attitudes to life. They're such adaptable little things
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 am

TBH he's actually becoming a real mummy's boy the past week or two, I think partly due to it. He insists on coming out for cuddles and boggling/bruxing like an eejit every time I go into the room. Love
Still, I wouldn't wish HLD on any of them, despite the way it seems to make them love me more lol. Silly boys.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:47 am

He's lucky to have someone to give him all that love Smile
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down