Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My darling Blanche

+4
katherine
smokierat
redrach
GillianK
8 posters

Go down

My darling Blanche Empty My darling Blanche

Post by GillianK Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:42 pm

To my favourite pet, Blanche, who was put to sleep at 2am today due to a tumour. She would have been 2-years-old next week.

She was one of my first pair of rats, and is now reunited with her sister Stella who was also put to sleep nearly 8 months ago. Blanche is the reason I fell in love with rats; she was flawless in every way and exactly how a rat should be. Not once did she ever bite, she was always affectionate and sweet, she'd never go far from me, loved her cuddles, her grub, made me laugh with her antics, and never complained; even in this past week when she was undoubtedly in pain she was as ever gentle and continued to be in good spirits.

And I will miss her. Rest peacefully my sweet one - 1-8-2010 - 23-7-2012

I've dropped a tear in the ocean - the day you find it is the day I'll stop missing you.

My first picture of Blanche with her sister Stella on the day I brought them home back in October 2010

My darling Blanche Dsc_0121

My beautiful Blanche

My darling Blanche 210

Blanche with Dorothy who will miss her now shes gone

My darling Blanche 310

She loved her bubble baths

My darling Blanche 410

Blanche with her Easter egg back in April

My darling Blanche 510

The last photo taken of Blanche, taken only 2 days before she was put to sleep

My darling Blanche 611
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

My darling Blanche Empty Re: My darling Blanche

Post by redrach Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Oh Gillian Sad I'm so sorry she's gone. She was so beautiful.
redrach
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:53 am

I am sorry to hear this Cry she sounds like a real heart rat who had a lovely life Love
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:43 am

All I can say is how sorry I am. I know it isn't any use Cry She had a great life with you, being spoiled rotten and I'm sure she loved every minute of it. Their lives with us are just too short *hugs*
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Simba Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:32 am

There's three of my friends bawling here, having made the mistake of asking me what was wrong. We're all very sorry for your loss.

Simba

Back to top Go down

Post by Simba Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:32 am

There's three of my friends bawling here, having made the mistake of asking me what was wrong. We're all very sorry for your loss.

Simba

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:31 am

I'm so sorry Gillian, she was a wonderful girl, and it feels a bit like one of our own going, as we've all got to 'know' her through your posts and photos Sad

(((((((hug)))))))

Run free lovely girl, go and find Stella...

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Thank you everyone for the thoughtful messages. Times like this I appreciate this forum most because to all my other friends Blanche was 'just a rat' and can't understand why her death would upset me. But it isn't about who was loved, its about how much they were. I love this poem, I've amended it for rats obviously but think it says it all!

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a rat," or, "that's a lot of money for just a rat." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a rat."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a rat." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a rat," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a rat," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a rat" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a rat," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a rat" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a rat" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a rat" I will rise early, and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a rat" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a rat" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a rat" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a human."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a rat." just smile, because they "just don't understand."
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:21 am

I get that all the time too,I just think if you don't 'get it'-that an animal is worth the effort,then you shouldn't get/don't deserve rats...that's a lovely poem Love sums up what a lot of us feel I'd say
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 am

Yes, I've posted that one on FB myself in the past, it has very deep meaning for all of us here I'd say (((hug)))

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by carol Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 am

so sorry 2 hear she gone run free little one xx

carol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:41 am

Awh No. I'm very sorry for your loss. I was really hoping she'd pull through. She's re-united with her sis now. Smile
Rizzo
Rizzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down