Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoping to try and hold a Christmas show/event

+4
GillianK
katherine
Videli
Zoundz
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hoping to try and hold a Christmas show/event Empty Hoping to try and hold a Christmas show/event

Post by Zoundz Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:32 pm

OK, don't get too excited, it won't be anything fancy I doubt. We are trying to sort something out though, but it might be a bit short notice! I have asked a couple of venues, but I need to chase them up again, mostly I get ignored Roll Eyes but will try phoning early next week.

If I can't get a venue, would people be happy to try and get to my house? I am happy to hold it here, but it's not in Cork City - and I'd like to see as many people attend as possible, as I am trying to get a guest judge over from the UK - also it'll be a pet show rather than a proper varieties show, so as long as your rats are friendly, fit and healthy, you can enter them, they don't have to be a specific variety, or conform to any standards Smile

Anyway - I'm just trying to gauge interest - at the moment we have to hold a show in Cork, none of us can manage a show in Dublin due to travel costs and logistics of organising it all. So, if anyone can offer any thoughts on a venue in Cork, let me know, or if you can offer your own house - other than that, it may just have to be at my place! Smile We do have a few people who could probably give lifts from Cork to my house to a couple of people if you rely on public transport also.

So - who's in? Smile Come on guys - I want this to really work out well! Grin What weekends are best for you all? Smile I'm thinking the 14th December? Smile Should be good for a Christmas event!

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hoping to try and hold a Christmas show/event Empty Re: Hoping to try and hold a Christmas show/event

Post by Videli Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:53 pm

14th Dec is fine for me.

I am happy to bring my boyfriend, something to eat, my rats and 2 random people+ thier rats from cork city given that people dont mind to be stuffed in a very small car Tongue
The other way around I'd also take a share of venue costs if we find something here and I dont need to drive Grin

I cannot help getting exited Wink

thank you for organising this Laura <3
Videli
Videli

Back to top Go down

Hoping to try and hold a Christmas show/event Empty Re: Hoping to try and hold a Christmas show/event

Post by Zoundz Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 am

Brilliant - really kind of you to offer, Stefanie! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:22 am

I want to! (can't though) best of luck with it Kiss 
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:40 am

Could do! But we'll see. My ladies are getting on in life now at 27 months but they're still fit and well. Will see how they are by Christmas and maybe! Smile
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 am

I do think we need to limit the bringing of older rats, as it's a hard day for most, and probably a fair bit of travel too - but as a social event, to meet each other, and the rats that *are* able to make it, I think it should be fantastic! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:39 pm

OK, the format I'm thinking of for this is that it would be at my house - a bit awkward for those without their own transport, but we will do all in our power to help people get here Smile

We will judge, open judging, which means we will explain the good points and the less desirable points of each rat we handle, to anyone who wants to listen, and we will explain *exactly* why we chose the rat we chose for best in show.

I really do need to know who thinks they might come along and when would suit? I can't do the 8th or the 14th sadly, perhaps a Sunday would be better anyway?

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Well,obv you're stuck with the two of us Smile will have to see when my course is on etc but defin want to go/help/give people lifts etc
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tribble Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 am

Well, we wouldn't say no, and we could bring the lads down (Indy for handling and Cringer to keep him company).
We don't have our own transport though, so would have to beg a lift from someone.
Would certainly be lovely to see you again Laura Smile

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:38 am

We will work out transporting as many as we can from Cork! Smile

We have a date!!!

15th DECEMBER 2013 - probably best to start at around 10am - so anyone coming by bus can get back in good time Smile

Anyone thinking of coming please get in touch with me via e-mail - zoundzy@hotmail.com - all rats should be booked in in advance.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJF Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:41 am

I would like to attend this. It will be great to meet other rat enthusiasts and see the Bongo Fury rats.

If any folks are driving down from Dublin, could I ask for a lift? I will happily contribute to petrol money/expenses.

If not, I will take the train but this way, I won't be bringing rats. But with or without rats, I want to attend.

If there is anything I can do to assist in the organisation, please let me know.

Darren.
DJF
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 am

Think we're bringing Sally and Kayleigh,hopefully lifts can be sorted for everyone-would be lovely to see as many people as possible Smile 
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:15 am

Darren - I hope you can bring rats too - but no worries if not, just you would be fine too! Smile If you are coming by train, you'll need a lift from Cork - I know Stefanie and Elena are both hoping to come, and both should be able to offer a lift to someone coming from and going back to Cork Smile

There's not much anyone can do to help organise this one I'm afraid - bring some nibbles to sell perhaps, not charging a lot, but all money raised will go into a kitty to go towards hiring a venue for the next show! Grin So it all helps - we'll run a quiz and a raffle and have a sales table, sell teas and coffees and light refreshments, and there will be small entry fee to enter rats - I'm thinking €2.00 per entry Smile

We will try and provide something for big winners, either rosette or cup or similar - but mostly it'll be just certificates, because we are on a very very tight budget.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hoping to try and hold a Christmas show/event Empty plans?

Post by Tribble Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:23 am

I was thinking, if the bake sale idea is going through, how about we plan who is making what?
It wouldn't do for everyone involved to turn up with cupcakes or brownies or something... So if someone picked fudge, another chocolate chip cookies or whatever we want then we know what is going on and it will help maximize earnings.
Also, I'd like to know an expected turn out.... rounded out to the nearest dozen or so.
I tend to bake in high volume automatically, so if I know to limit myself to, lest say 50 consumers, there will be a LOT less left over Tongue

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:01 am

50!!?! Laugh Big Grin  I wish! no, it's more likely to be about 10-15 max I'd guess :/

Erm, have decided I think that we won't charge for the food, as it's in my house, and a Xmas social, refreshments will be free, however, we would love it if people would donate Smile so we'll have an 'honesty' tub on the kitchen counter, and people can throw a bit of cash in when they take a cuppa or a cake! Grin

I think the more the merrier, and honestly, make what you can afford/are comfortable with Smile I will probably make fudge and gingerbread Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tribble Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:36 am

Awesome, as long as I know what numbers to deal with that's fine.
And I'm not worried about making money back, just wanted to clarify the idea Smile
If anyone has any special dietary requirements, lemme know, I love to bake to suit special needs (current holy grail of mine is to try create a biscuit or cake that ALL people can enjoy without risk of a gastric revolution...)

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:05 pm

You're a star, and having had some of your baking before, I can honestly say I'm quite excited about the prospect of having some again! Laugh Big Grin 

Anyone thinking of bringing rats, this is another reminder that I need to know about it in advance, if you want to enter them Smile so far we have like... 3 entries. *boo*.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by eoghan Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:26 am

I will bring the coffee maker for those of you like fancy coffee. And by fancy I mean not instant!
I think we will be bringing a range of curly rats and some non-curly agouti things. I must confirm with the missus tho.
Will there be agility and curiosity games? I may also make some healthy rat cakes.
eoghan
eoghan
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:57 am

Yes, definitely, agility and curiosity are loads of fun! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by eoghan Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:27 am

Nice one.
The training shall begin. (Cue rocky music)
eoghan
eoghan
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tribble Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:56 pm

If we knew we had a chauffeur we would register Indy of course (Cringer is grand to hold, but if he starts to think he has territory he gets a bit defensive when not being held).
Problem being is I'm not sure who to ask, and I don't want to register Into and end up on a bus that would stress the lads out too much.
I'm planning to make coconut macaroons and coconut hot chocolate, for those who care to know Wink
If I can have access to a hob or a microwave you can have it hot, but it's perfectly fine chilled.

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Oooh yum!!! and yes, we have a hob and a microwave here Grin

I don't know yet if anyone else needs a lift from us - I don't think so, we could come up to get you guys if you like? Unless you can find a lift with someone else? Smile Would be *easier* if we didn't have to drive up to Cork and back twice! XD I also need to be sure someone can get Darren (DJF) from Cork as well, as he's getting the train I think? Smile So, if no-one can we'll definitely be driving up to fetch him! Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tribble Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:39 am

I know we would certainly prefer to not put you out so much, especially considering you are the ones hosting Tongue
I have a friend in cork who does have a car, but he also works for his mom chef-ing at the weekends. He interested in the event, but I can't be certain if he will be avilable. Going to try see if he can come, and mention needing a lift. May even have space for DJF if that's the case.
I'll post a comment here as soon as I have any info. It will be great to see ye all Smile

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:49 am

Brilliant! Grin If you can't - let me know, we'll come up for you and DJF too Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tribble Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:15 pm

It seems my friend (Cian) can take myself, Ben and Darren down to the show Smile
I asked him a few days ago, soon after posting actually. Once he got back to me I gave him about 36hrs to let reality sink in and confirmed that he was able to take us all down.
If you could PM me the address Laura, it would be great. Or maybe the village we met in last time, as I don't clearly remember the way up the hills to your place.
Gonna be great to see ye all and introduce you to the 'I'm so innocent' Indy and the 'you will be groomed and like it' Cringer Smile

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next