Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My problem.

3 posters

Go down

My problem. Empty My problem.

Post by vidic Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 am

So we had three rats - bertie, baby and Yma. Bertie passed away nearly a year ago and Baby passed away last night. I'm already worried sick about Yma. BUT I'm concerned that getting a new rat as company might not work out because she is elderly and set in her ways, used to her own sisters and no one else etc et etc.

Help Sad

vidic

Back to top Go down

My problem. Empty Re: My problem.

Post by Catz Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:56 am

Is she in good health in general? If she is then maybe someone could loan you an older rat to keep her company. It might be tough on her but if she still has a good few months left in her a buddy would be good. Its a very hard decision and I'm sure what ever you choose will be in Yma's best interest.
Again I'm sorry for the loss of your girl Baby. I was really saddened by the news and you are in my thoughts. I'm sorry your having such a tough time Cry
Catz
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:58 am

I would try and find an older girl who needs rehoming, or even an older neutered buck if one turns up for rehoming. I saw a difference in Monty as soon as he lost Theo and he is much much happier and more himself now he has company again. Good luck.
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by vidic Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:12 am

Thanks guys. I'm quite worried about her, she is seriously depressed. She is just lying curled up and ignoring me completely, ignoring pasta, calls, everything. The vet told us it would be good to show her Baby 'afterwards' when we got home last night and i'm regretting it now. Poor Yma was trying to clean her Sad

vidic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down